Author Topic: 1987 Wrangler YJ Project Jeep BRAND NEW MOTOR $2000 OBO  (Read 736 times)

jackobrien836

1987 Wrangler YJ Project Jeep BRAND NEW MOTOR $2000 OBO
« on: June 18, 2009, 04:27:09 PM »
I bought this jeep from a friend who has owned it since 1988. The car blew a head gasket and kept fouling plugs so they parked the car. I bought it with the intentions of a minor project but it snowballed. I built a brand new motor for it and it runs great. Heres a list of some of the new parts that were put into it. The motor is a 258 4.2L straight six.

Block tanked, all bearing seats cut, bored 40 over
New pistons rings, and wristpins - all machine work done by Service Auto
New Crank bearings
Connecting Rod Bearings
Camshaft bearings
Camshaft
Timing gears and chain
Oil Pump
Lifters
Pushrods
rocker arms and rocker arm brackets
Surface of head cut
head pressure tested for any cracks
all valves and valve seats triple cut
New fly wheel and clutch
New clutch master, slave cylinder and line
New aluminum valve cover
water pump
radiator
all new radiator hoses
fuel pump
entire exhaust is brand new with a flowmaster super 40 muffler
new belts, plugs, wires, cap, rotor, vaccum lines, and many other minor things that i am forgetting about

The interior is black with leather seats and is in excellent condition. The dash is still soft and not cracked or faded anywhere. the transmission shifts perfectly and feels very smooth. Four wheel drive works great. The body is in good condition with only minor rust spots by the rear wheels. I painted the enitre frame, front end, axels, etc with chassis saver wich converts rust into a really strong black paint. The motor starts up and runs perfectly but does need some final adjustments to the carburetor and vaccum system. I have a push button start currently wired to it. The brakes also do not work, Im not sure why. I have a full Rough Country 4" suspension lift that has all the leaf springs, shocks, track bar relocaters, drop pitman arm, transfer case drop, and steering stabilizer that i willl also throw in for an extra $500.00 This jeep is 90% finished and has the poterntial to be a beautiful car with a brand new motor. All of the work was done very diligently and by prefessionals that have been in the buisness for over 30 years. Im sure Im missing a lot about it so come and take a look and make me an offer. I need it sold as soon as possible. (203) 506 7820 or email me at jackobrien836@yahoo.com