Author Topic: another one bites the dust...  (Read 1000 times)

tx_country

another one bites the dust...
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:57 PM »
So when I bought my Jeep I told my wife it would be a cold day in hell when I sold it or traded it in. Well let's just say my testicles have been relocated to my wifes purse and hell froze over. I have lost my man card and am now the proud owner of a 2006 GMC Envoy. It does have 4wd, but I don't think it will make it on BTC. I will own a Jeep again at some point. My wife and kids better love me (and they do). In all seriousness I did it for the the family... So its all good (They mean more to me than anything else anyway). I'll still come to events and be around for till I head to the island..
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 06:32:03 PM by tx_country »

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: another one bites the dust...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
That's the problem w/ having a nice looking "fun" vehilce; you can still trade it in.  My ex kept threatenign to burn my elcamino.  i told her she would be sleeping on the street if that ever happened (i meant it, too!).  needless to say i still have the el camino and no regrets!

But seriously, it does take a real man to sacrifice what he loves for his family!  Your family is lucky and blessed to have you!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:29:03 PM »
dang man... that sucks
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 06:38:31 AM »
Sounds like Timmy has grown up and entered man hood. ;D JK
Tim, trust me your kids are worth more then a million Jeeps.  We all have to make sacrifices for the family and this will probably not be the last.  Back when Jess got pregnant we knew that our 2 Wranglers and my S-10 pick up weren't going to make good family vehicles, so we had to trade in her TJ for the Liberty.  The Liberty is ok with it's lift and 31's, but still not as cool as her TJ.  When you get back from HI, look around and pick up a beater that can still be fun, but not cost a ton of money.  Someday you'll want to wheel with your boys, for me wheeling with my son is a lot more fun (at least when he stays awake.)  Remember real Jeeps are built, not bought, and the building part is also part of being a Dad and teaching the kids how to wrench.   I would say you can ride shot gun with me, but my son has that spot most of the time. ;)
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:33:40 AM »
at least you got 4wd.  i got a windstar....

Offline Gastank

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
  • HORSEPOWER: A TIRE BURNING GOOD TIME!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 11:37:24 PM »
4WD what's that?

I haven't seen my Jeep in 2 years... 347 to go!!!
91 YJ, 350cid/TH400/231 4.5 RE springs, 2" Bonz shackles, 33/12.5/15 MT baja claws, and lock-rite in the rear.
"But it is better to fail in originality than to succeed in imitation." - Herman Melville