Author Topic: Bwahaha!  (Read 5301 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Bwahaha!
« on: June 13, 2009, 12:59:07 AM »
Tread lightly much? ;D

Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

PaulW

Re: Bwahaha!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:32 AM »
those track kits are cool as all hell.  i went to mount washington with my wife in january and they had ford econoline vans that were 4wd with those things on them to go up the motor road to the top.  it actually rides pretty smooth.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 01:40:26 AM »
i bet they're slow though aint they?
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
i bet they're slow though aint they?

The thing at mount washington is because of the conditions, but the tracksare rated for up to 45 mph

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 02:03:49 AM »
are they in 4wd the whole time? it would seem to me that they would have to be.
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 02:04:32 AM »
are they in 4wd the whole time? it would seem to me that they would have to be.
ya they run em in 4lo it's actually a cool treck

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 02:42:15 AM »
Those would be great in deep snow. I went on a snow run a couple years ago with my CJ7 with locked front and rear axles and got stuck probably a dozen times. We spent all day and only went a couple miles. The snow was almost waist deep on me and we had a little thaw and then a refreeze over the top so when our tires would break through you couldn't get back on top. If you stepped out of your Jeep you'd stay right on top of the snow like it was cement and you'd be looking down at your Jeep.
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 02:48:21 AM »
Those would be great in deep snow. I went on a snow run a couple years ago with my CJ7 with locked front and rear axles and got stuck probably a dozen times. We spent all day and only went a couple miles. The snow was almost waist deep on me and we had a little thaw and then a refreeze over the top so when our tires would break through you couldn't get back on top. If you stepped out of your Jeep you'd stay right on top of the snow like it was cement and you'd be looking down at your Jeep.

i love wheeling in the snow.  it can make a 1 trail into a 4

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2009, 02:51:45 AM »
where was this? back home in michigan? i don't ever remember the snow getting THAT high. but then again im from alot lower than u are. your up in the canadian part where people say eh.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2009, 04:11:24 AM »
Yep, this was up in the Mount St. Helens area in West Branch, MI. Yes, I come from where everybody ends their sentences with "eh".
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2009, 06:05:33 AM »
do they say aboot up there too? or is that a canadian only thing
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2009, 06:09:35 AM »
holy crap man, i just mapquested west branch from new have (the last place i lived before the navy also the farthest north i live) and your still a good 2.5 hours north from there..... does it ever get above freezing ? ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2009, 01:18:30 AM »
I dont know how i find this crap but here...

W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2009, 01:33:16 AM »
OMG I WANT IT!!!!!
1982 CJ7-stock

PaulW

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2009, 01:37:52 AM »
OMG I WANT IT!!!!!

lets do that to your xj