Author Topic: Jeep Painting Begins  (Read 5959 times)

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
Re: Jeep Painting Begins
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
What color would you go with roger? or same? btw really looking forward to learning how to do the SYE and axle swap at the wrenching party. Having a clue about that stuff will come in hand when i do my rig.

I'll stay with the same color with the silver colored two tone that I've started. I've switched out axles and put lockers in axles, but I've never done a SYE either.

Did you say somewere you bought a front bumper? was curious what you ended up going with

I primed and painted the bumper today so I will have it with me tomorrow. It's drying out in the back yard right now. If we finish in time we can install it tomorrow also. If we have enough guys we may even be able to have someone work on removing the front bumper while the others are working on the transfer case and rear axle swap. I was going to wait and have a winch plate welded to it before I even put it on the XJ, but I probably won't be able to get a winch for another year and I didn't want it to rust in the basement since it was still in bare metal.

Yeah well thats pretty easy, besides I just did mine not so long ago. maybe I can work on getting the old bumper off for yah. I'd rather be doing something then just hanging out watching. I'll probably be there at about 0930 tomorrow.
Andy Doucette - A.K.A.(Douce)
W.O.J.

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »
im so sad i couldn't come to this  :'( i wanted to learn and also get those hooks.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 01:16:02 AM »
im so sad i couldn't come to this  :'( i wanted to learn and also get those hooks.

this is a different thread dude.  this is about painting ed's truck.  the thread just got hijacked

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2009, 01:17:33 AM »
opse... i fail. ;D
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.

PaulW

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2009, 01:20:07 AM »
damn forgot to use my smilie.....

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2009, 01:59:22 AM »
My bad. Edwin hows the painting going? all primed?
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2009, 02:05:37 AM »
My bad. Edwin hows the painting going? all primed?

ya lets see some progress pics

nvrdun

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2009, 03:39:54 AM »
i was about to say...who hijacked my thread ??? ??? anyway we finished with all the sandin down today the whole jeep, thank god my hand are sore ;D...... the jeep its ready to be spray tomorrow i'd posted some pictures when i get home 2morrow....can wait to see the finish results.... 8)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 02:57:15 AM by nvrdun »

Offline BlacXJeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • My Webshots
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2009, 03:40:50 AM »
thinkin' its gonna look good bro
W.O.J.

PaulW

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2009, 03:47:07 AM »
i was about to say...how hijack my thread ??? ??? anyway we finished with all the sandin down today the whole jeep, thank god my hand are sore ;D...... the jeep its ready to be spray tomorrow i'd posted some pictures when i get home 2morrow....can wait to see the finish results.... 8)

so which color did you decide on anyways??

nvrdun

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2009, 11:36:25 PM »
just got home from spraying the jeep ..primer and base coat are done.....tomorrow i ned to spray clear and finito....
anyhow heres some pictures of today's work ;D

me starting to spray the base

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2009, 03:12:31 AM »
OMG THATS AMAZING
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 04:51:27 PM by reptile610 »
1982 CJ7-stock

Offline Tsunami

• Rock Crawler
    • Tsunami's facebook
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2009, 07:22:05 AM »
it looks like you got a pro gig going with the paint... i would have removed the tail lights first tho, but its gonna look sik 8)   how much you charge to do rims...?  i just want to make them black, but not til i get the 5th rim with the offset.  let me know!
2010 mazdaspeed3

nvrdun

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2009, 04:20:00 PM »
it looks like you got a pro gig going with the paint... i would have removed the tail lights first tho, but its gonna look sik 8)   how much you charge to do rims...?  i just want to make them black, but not til i get the 5th rim with the offset.  let me know!

that was my intention but the screws were all rusted out so didn't want to mess wit it....when do you want to get your rims done! Pm'd me

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
so i see that you can paint but are you any good at body work? i have a few dents that i'd like to get pulled out.
1982 CJ7-stock