Author Topic: Anyone here from Florida?  (Read 1575 times)

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
Anyone here from Florida?
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:45:14 PM »
Hey guys, wondering if anyone is from FL and can help me out. To make a long story short, I have a friend in Clearwater who is renting a house that's about to be foreclosed on. They do NOT want to move, and are looking for help/advice. Any ideas? Thanx!
Chris

PaulW

Re: Anyone here from Florida?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 02:08:36 PM »
have them buy it??

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:27:18 PM »
should be a good deal, probably pay less in mortgage than rent on a forclosure!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »

how scummy is the landlord that if they're collecting rest on the property, it's still being foreclosed on??  what's he spending the $ on??

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 07:57:34 PM »

how scummy is the landlord that if they're collecting rest on the property, it's still being foreclosed on??  what's he spending the $ on??
Landlord went "back to the home country". Apparently they were depositing the rent into the account the mortgage got paid from (auto payment) They have been gone 6 months or so already. She said the bank told them this week they do NOT have to pay the rent, I told her to keep putting it aside so they will have it if they need it quick.
As for buying it, there is some "deed restriction" on it so they don't want to buy it.

PaulW

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 09:26:45 PM »

Landlord went "back to the home country". Apparently they were depositing the rent into the account the mortgage got paid from (auto payment) They have been gone 6 months or so already. She said the bank told them this week they do NOT have to pay the rent, I told her to keep putting it aside so they will have it if they need it quick.
As for buying it, there is some "deed restriction" on it so they don't want to buy it.

that kinda makes sense.

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2009, 03:44:04 AM »
Not sure if this if the same,

but I am from Florida and deed restricted communities force you to keep your yard looking a certain way or they fine+bill you for the upkeep.  probably other rules too
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2009, 03:35:04 PM »
when i bought my house, i told my agent that i was not interested in a home-owners association property, not matter how great of a "deal"
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2009, 03:48:15 PM »
My parents own several homes in Florida....The problem that comes along with this is that the owner can "evict" a tennant for any reason given 30 days notice.  Possible foreclosure is a notice.  The owner does however have to write up a formal eviction notice. And he also has the responsibility to do so.  i dont think there is anything they can do about moving.  Unless the bank is willing to sell directly to the current tenant.  Which they probably wont do, due to the fact that the house would go up for auction and the bank would get more money that way.  However they may be able to get the owner to sell the home, via the bank, to the tenant.
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2009, 06:14:17 PM »
No worries guys, they decided to buy something down there. Thanx for the help tho!! Hey, they got 6 months rent free for a down payment boost too! lol (per the landlord, their lawyer AND the bank!)

PaulW

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 01:00:07 AM »
No worries guys, they decided to buy something down there. Thanx for the help tho!! Hey, they got 6 months rent free for a down payment boost too! lol (per the landlord, their lawyer AND the bank!)

sweet  8)