Author Topic: bumper re-install.  (Read 1342 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
bumper re-install.
« on: March 21, 2009, 03:12:01 PM »
about 1pm today, i'll start putting my bumper back on, along w/ winch, light bar, and lights.  I'm also going to put it in the air and pull the front wheels off.  I've been hearing a clunk that I don't like for too long.  I gotta figure out what it is.

Anyone who wants to come and help, I'll be greatful.  Maybe even fire up the grill for the first time!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

PaulW

Re: bumper re-install.
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 04:10:51 PM »
about 1pm today, i'll start putting my bumper back on, along w/ winch, light bar, and lights.  I'm also going to put it in the air and pull the front wheels off.  I've been hearing a clunk that I don't like for too long.  I gotta figure out what it is.

Anyone who wants to come and help, I'll be greatful.  Maybe even fire up the grill for the first time!

i'd love to come by and help, but ive got my own project today that's going to keep me entertained until dark.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 06:01:10 PM »
I could come out later this week, but I'm in Michigan right now and won't be back until late Sunday night.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2009, 10:12:36 PM »
I jsut got home from a call, which went out right when I got home from my lunch appt.  any help is welcome!  I wan't to get it done today.  Dinner will be on me if you show.  Call me @ 860-644-3178
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2009, 11:26:50 PM »
So I went out to start working.  I noticed that a couple bolt heads were the wrong size in the bracket they put on (I didnt' ask them to put it on).  I pull them out and find they are the wrong thread.  Two of the welded-on nuts are stripped beyond use.  Another one that the weld broke free from that they were supposed to fix was not fixed.  I'm not happy  >:(  Now I am going to have to take it back vice getting it done today. >:( >:(

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 12:11:02 AM »
ouch, suck's.

i was at Oz's house helping him with some patch work. we got some welding and grinding taken care of. fround more that need's more of the same, lol.  but i am sorry to hear all that happened. just becareful about your words, because now without the wrong bolts in place, the shop can say you did the damage. and if that is the case, we could always get new nuts and weld them on to replace the messed up ones. but i'd try to get some of my money back or get it fixed COMPLETLY by the shop

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 12:47:52 AM »
I'm going to have them fix it.  they supplied the bolts, an i can show them the difference.  Plus the broken weld-nut is in an area I can't get to, at all: no wrench, finger, etc can get in.  probably w/ a stick welder and steady hands through a hole.  it's inside the frame.