Author Topic: OSJ is Disbanding......  (Read 1489 times)

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
OSJ is Disbanding......
« on: March 07, 2009, 03:18:43 PM »

OSJ is disbanding
« Message sent on Mar 5, 2009, 9:49pm »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is with extreme regret that I must announce that OSJ will be disbanding. This is because of multiple issues within the club. Those of you that have been in the thick of it, know what I mean. This last incident was the straw that broke the camels back, where members have been giving out club information to another club and then conspiring with that club to take one of our members out in the woods, get them stuck and leave them there. i cannot even fathom how a fellow wheeler could ever do that to anyone. The age requirement for this club was 18 but it seems like we had some 10 year olds. Those of you that were involved know who are and trust me, Karma will catch up with you someday.

For those of you that were in the club and helped out and had a good time, I am very sorry. I feel awful having to close the club down. The time and effort the BOD and the founders have put into the club is all for not now. However, we did meet some great people that I can truly call my dearest friends. Those of you that are, know who you are as well.

As for the disbanding I have a full list of current members and I will be contacting each and everyone one of you by email in regards to a refund of your 2009 dues. Please give me some time as it may take a while to contact each member and issue a refund. Once I email you, you will have 14 days to respond to request a paypal payment back from OSJ. There is a time limit because I do not want accounts open in my name under the club for long periods of time.

The forums will be locked immediately. If anything changes in the future or any new plans are made, you will be contacted. You can still contact us by the club email at oceanstatejeepsters@verizon.net if you need to.

Again, I am deeply sorry to those of you that really enjoyed this club, and it's sad that a few jerk-offs had t ruin this for everyone. 

PaulW

Re: OSJ is Disbanding......
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 03:39:33 PM »
thats fuc*ed up.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 06:32:51 PM »
concur, that is why we have a farily though process for admission to our club.  Though we havn't had to deny membership or remove anyone yet.  We at least have the mechanism to do so.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 06:34:40 PM by rocket »
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 09:45:17 PM »
Wasn't this the same club that organized a ride on unauthorized trails and ended up getting tickets and some rigs even got towed?  It is hard to believe that fellow Jeepers would organize a ride with the intentions of stranding someone.  The people that would do that are probably the same A-hols that don't wave. >:(
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 11:34:47 PM »
I've done some unethical things, but never to harm anyone.

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:41 PM »
With every jeep there should be a sticker in it that explanes to people about the jeep wave.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2009, 07:16:51 PM »
Why does this not surprise me???   :-\

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2009, 07:48:41 PM »
There was an emergency BOD meeting today to discuss the future OSJ.  The BOD have voted to dissolve the OSJ membership but keep the OSJ name.

What does this mean for current members? Refunds will be issued to current members in the form of a CHECK to the address that we have on file, when you applied to the club.  If for some reason I do not have your address, I will contact you by email to request it.

OSJ if becoming an invite only, private club. Invites will follow shortly so please keep an eye out in your email.

PaulW

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 12:28:04 AM »
There seems to be a lot of clubs doing the same thing.