Author Topic: me and trons dont get along  (Read 1465 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
me and trons dont get along
« on: February 16, 2009, 12:18:35 AM »
HEY averybody or anybody, i got me a CB a couple of weeks ago.  I dont have a clue where to or even how to wire this thing in. Fact is, I kinda started to almost try once. And then i looked at the back of the fuse block and cowered away with my tail between my legs.  wires and crap scare me because i have no clue what to do when it comes to anything elecrtical. HELP!!! :-\
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

PaulW

Re: me and trons dont get along
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 01:39:51 AM »
HEY averybody or anybody, i got me a CB a couple of weeks ago.  I dont have a clue where to or even how to wire this thing in. Fact is, I kinda started to almost try once. And then i looked at the back of the fuse block and cowered away with my tail between my legs.  wires and crap scare me because i have no clue what to do when it comes to anything elecrtical. HELP!!! :-\

you can get a plug from radio shack that goes into the cig lighter.  then you'll be all set.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 02:35:59 AM »
Lighter plugs make it easy to take the CB in and out of the vehicle. Permanently wiring it yourself isn't very difficult. Maybe we can get a few of us together one night and knock it out. I also have a SWR meter for tuning the antenae once it gets hooked up.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 03:14:59 AM »
radio shack has a fuse that you can wire in to your fuse box for ignition operation.  I'm not sure if I said it right as I'm not one to work on electronics but I did do my own and its been working for abut a year now and I havent shorted out the Jeep.

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 03:54:11 AM »
take the red wire & run it to a switched fuse. put the black on a ground. plug the antenna in & you're done. 8)
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »
I'm extreamly good at automotive wiring (re-wired an entire car, plus you should see the custom work on my taco).  I'm free most of the week.  Come on over and I'll show how it's done!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:23:49 PM »
cool. send me a pm and let me know if it aint to far away from base. im free all day today and tomorrow.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 09:58:35 PM »
anybody in the Groton area up for it tonight? lemme know. thanks :)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:08:36 PM »
Actually you can gimme a call. it'd prob work faster as i have limited internet access. My number is 713-213-8472. thanks again guys.