Author Topic: February Trail ride  (Read 6273 times)

PaulW

Re: February Trail ride
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2009, 02:54:34 AM »
I will have an empty seat. Is there a name to this trail?

I already pm'd you, zjorvis97, but this is for everyone else in case they have the same question.  Probies get the name and location of the run on the day of the run.  Otherwise we would put the name up on this side of the forum.  This is to prevent those "I'm too cool to be in a club" guys from finding our locations and thrashing them.  Don't take it personal.  When you sign the contract for your soul, you get all that info.

Where do i sign up?

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2009, 05:08:54 AM »

I already pm'd you, zjorvis97, but this is for everyone else in case they have the same question.  Probies get the name and location of the run on the day of the run.  Otherwise we would put the name up on this side of the forum.  This is to prevent those "I'm too cool to be in a club" guys from finding our locations and thrashing them.  Don't take it personal.  When you sign the contract for your soul, you get all that info.

Where do i sign up?

You're a turd.  Stop hijacking my thread.  And go to bed.

Turd...   ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2009, 11:26:22 PM »

Where do i sign up?

You're a turd.  Stop hijacking my thread.  And go to bed.

Turd...   ;D

Where did i hijack??  just trying to find out where to apply for membership lol

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2009, 02:20:09 AM »
Looks like I'll be going ;D  Yeah baby!!!!!

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2009, 03:49:27 AM »
Awesome! 

I win!

Offline zjorvis97

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2009, 08:40:51 AM »
How many people are going so far? Where are we meeting saturday morning. I saw the Groton Town House on the first page but I don't know where that is.

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2009, 10:49:09 AM »
How many people are going so far? Where are we meeting saturday morning. I saw the Groton Town House on the first page but I don't know where that is.
Wondering the same thing here! lol Hey everyone, it's Chris, your nutty friendly trail guide. ;D Someone give me a call tonight about this please. No, I am NOT bailing, don't panic! lol Just need to know when/where to meet you guys.
Chris

Looks like it's gonna be chilly but nice!

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2009, 01:39:29 PM »
Hey Chris, thanks in advance!  Cant wait to get out there.  Meet you on Sat.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2009, 03:38:58 PM »
Glad to see you signed up here, Chris.  I'll give you a call tonight with meet up details.  Thanks again for coming along. 

As for the Groton Town House...

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Groton+Town+House&city=Groton&state=CT&address=355+Route+12&zipcode=06340&country=US&latitude=41.371415&longitude=-72.071921&geocode=ADDRESS&id=21140399

Meeting there at 0800 on Saturday.  Like Chris said, it looks like we'll get a break in the weather for Saturday, but it will be chilly.  Be sure to dress warm and bring plenty of water and snacks.

I win!

Offline phoenix

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2009, 11:01:46 PM »
Not a prob, and don't think I was trying to put you on the spot with this post.  ;D  Actually, I signed up on here a while ago, just keep forgetting to pop in. ::)
As for tonight, gonna be running around a bit, but that's what the cell phone is made for! lol (that is the # you have right? 860-480-4762
As for the
Be sure to dress warm and bring plenty of water and snacks.
Yup! warm, and don't be a moron like I was last time, bring some food! lol Biggest thing's I can say is waterproof work type boots if you got them, the taller the better. (not wader tall, but more then ankle tall), warm work gloves, and LAYERS! Odds are good you are gonna be in and out of the trucks in a couple spots, gonna get cold, warm, cold, etc. and snowy rocks SUCK with no ankle support. I imagine most of you know this stuff, no insult intended. ;D
Last gas is in CT almost 10 miles before the trail, nice little convenience store/deli with a back parking lot if someone loses a fuel pump. (again)
Anything else I can tell you guys?
Oh! You got a rough headcount?
Thanx!
Chris

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2009, 01:18:27 AM »
hope everyone has fun. we had made previous plans months ago so we wont make this run :'(make sure to take a bunch of pics!!!!!!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2009, 02:31:54 AM »
Can we do a secondary meet along the way?
Colchester at 8:30?

And let's make a sign-up list to keep track...
Add your name.

Smaug1911
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2009, 03:04:55 AM »
So far I have:

Axle
Footman
Smaug1911
ZJORVIS97
Swagger ? (maybe)

With Bayougold, Paulw, and Pheonix as passengers.  Brian, what exit do you want to meet at?  Paul, how about you?  Can you meet us somewhere on 11 or 2?  I think we are going to take 85 to 11, and then 2 into Hartford.

I win!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #28 on: February 20, 2009, 04:49:50 AM »
The colchester park and ride is good.
 easy access from 11, 2, 85, and 354.

we met there on our way to the 4-wheel food drive in Mass back in DEc.
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 20, 2009, 05:08:38 AM »
I remember meeting there, but I don't remember what exit it was.  Do you know?

I win!