Author Topic: In over my head  (Read 3845 times)

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
Re: In over my head
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 11:54:23 PM »
or my TJ.  Which looks enough like yours already.
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2009, 03:10:40 AM »
Looks much beefier then the D35.  The little D35 looks like it should be used a paper weight compaired to that axle.  ;D Did you add the ox locker or just install the cover? 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline Cheek-Bone

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2009, 03:46:24 AM »
Holy S@#t I cant believe that someone is still using a hi lift for work like that after what happened to me. I guess the story doesn't get around much anymore. Let me tell you all this my jaw still kills me to this day. Piece of advice take it from me, leave the hi lifts for emergencies and use a regular floor jack whenever possible. If you dont already know the story, I didn't get my name for nothing.
JT4X4 Founding Member

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2009, 05:36:30 AM »
Holy S@#t I cant believe that someone is still using a hi lift for work like that after what happened to me. I guess the story doesn't get around much anymore. Let me tell you all this my jaw still kills me to this day. Piece of advice take it from me, leave the hi lifts for emergencies and use a regular floor jack whenever possible. If you dont already know the story, I didn't get my name for nothing.
I wasn't working umder the hilift, i was lowering it onto jackstands,or trying to. so no the story hasn't gotten around, at least not my way. gimmie a quick rundown.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2009, 05:39:13 AM »
Looks much beefier then the D35.  The little D35 looks like it should be used a paper weight compaired to that axle.  ;D Did you add the ox locker or just install the cover? 
ordered the axle with an ox locker.

Offline Cheek-Bone

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2009, 01:53:14 PM »
I wasn't working umder the hilift, i was lowering it onto jackstands,or trying to. so no the story hasn't gotten around, at least not my way. gimmie a quick rundown.

this link should explain it all.....
http://www.cave76.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27602&highlight=#27602
JT4X4 Founding Member

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2009, 03:52:48 PM »

this link should explain it all.....
http://www.cave76.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=27602&highlight=#27602
OUCH

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2009, 03:54:39 PM »
Rich told me about it at one of our gatherings, but now I have the whole story.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 01:27:08 AM »
rich kept a few details (like the sledge) to himself!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 03:10:51 AM »
I got all hardcore today & took out all of my interior carpet. Smelled like used gear oil & was pretty worn anyway so i took it all out. Now it feels like a jeep.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 03:18:34 AM »
just rino-line the floor boards!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 03:39:06 AM »
I got all hardcore today & took out all of my interior carpet. Smelled like used gear oil & was pretty worn anyway so i took it all out. Now it feels like a jeep.

I did that to mine last summer.  I like it.  I even pulled all of the drain plugs.  That way, when the snow on my boots melts, it just drains out.  I actually got the idea from One-eye, but haven't gone as far as he has yet.  He Rhino-lined the floor in his.

You're right about one thing...  It does feel more "jeep-like", doesn't it?   ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 03:44:49 AM »

You're right about one thing...  It does feel more "jeep-like", doesn't it?   ;D
;D

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2009, 03:50:54 AM »
Probably louder though huh???

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2009, 04:16:16 AM »
Probably louder though huh???

Probably, but I never really paid that much attention.  My carpet was all gear oiled and run down as well, so it really needed to go.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!