Author Topic: Here i go again  (Read 4333 times)

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
Here i go again
« on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:57 AM »
well this thing is really starting to piss me off now. took the jeep for emissions wed. and noticed the steering was a little off. well the clip that holds the washer that holds the joint together on my front track-bar fell off. so once again i'll be on the phone with BDS and see what they say this time. so its off to the supply shops in search of a big washer and clip. and oh yeah anyone with a welder available Sat. fot a quick weld job!!!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Re: Here i go again
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2009, 01:28:00 AM »
Did my weld hold up and something else failed???

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2009, 02:34:14 AM »
i couldnt quite tell it was starting to get dark and id been outside getting cold and frustrated for to long. all i noticed was the washer and clip were gone couldnt tell if it took some of the bar with it or not. im hoping to get home early enough friday to take it apart and inspect it. i forgot that i kept the other washer and clip from the other on i was supposed to send back. i think i'll go the same route as we did before and just weld the whole thing together again. untill i start piecing together my clayton kit one pc at a time. i'll let you know what i find.

PaulW

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2009, 02:48:00 PM »
i couldnt quite tell it was starting to get dark and id been outside getting cold and frustrated for to long. all i noticed was the washer and clip were gone couldnt tell if it took some of the bar with it or not. im hoping to get home early enough friday to take it apart and inspect it. i forgot that i kept the other washer and clip from the other on i was supposed to send back. i think i'll go the same route as we did before and just weld the whole thing together again. untill i start piecing together my clayton kit one pc at a time. i'll let you know what i find.

what clip is it you speak of?

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2009, 03:16:20 PM »
There is a circle clip that retains a large washer on one end of his track bar. The clip keeps coming out or the lip breaks that the clip sits into. I tack welded a couple spots to try to retain the clip but it may not have worked.

PaulW

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 03:30:58 PM »
There is a circle clip that retains a large washer on one end of his track bar. The clip keeps coming out or the lip breaks that the clip sits into. I tack welded a couple spots to try to retain the clip but it may not have worked.

ya i was just curious because i've never seen a track bar with a washer and clip holding it on.  Mine always had a bolt with captured nut on the axle side, and a castle nut on the frame side.

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
Bomb Proof Front Track Bar and Bracket

SKU: TJ_FRONT_TBAR_BRACKET
Suggested Retail: $199.00
The Rock Krawler bomb proof adjustable front track bar is made from solid alloy steel. The track bar relocation bracket at the frame is made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel for the ultimate in durability. There is also a hardware upgrade for the axle connection that is included in the kit. All parts come with our exclusive Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty!
System Benefits:
-Perfect steering relationship
-Super rugged construction
-Properly center the front axle
-Valid from 3 to 8 inches of lift
-Abuse Proof Lifetime Warranty

System Includes:
(1) Laser cut front track bar bracket made from 1/4" steel, (1) adjustable front track bar made from 1.25" diameter solid alloy steel, hardware and detailed instructions.

For proper steering relationships it is required that this kit be installed with a standard TJ drop pitman arm.

Please specify lift height for proper track bar. 3" to 5" of lift. 5" to 7" of lift. 8+" of lift.

Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 06:17:04 PM »

ya i was just curious because i've never seen a track bar with a washer and clip holding it on.  Mine always had a bolt with captured nut on the axle side, and a castle nut on the frame side.

Its on the bottom of the tie rod end because it's supposed to be rebuildable....

PaulW

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2009, 06:54:55 PM »
I'm still scratching my head, send some pics if you got em, not trying to be a pain, just trying to understand.

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2009, 08:25:01 PM »
ha thats funny pics. i dont have the patients to add pics or better yet the know how. i might post them if ive got some time and prozac.

PaulW

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2009, 08:31:22 PM »
ha thats funny pics. i dont have the patients to add pics or better yet the know how. i might post them if ive got some time and prozac.

sure why not...

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2009, 08:32:54 PM »
Ed, you really just need to call BDS and tell them you want them to buy you a different trackbar from a different company...maybe they have a sister company they can try out...Many of these off road manufacturers are branches of bigger (or smaller) ones...

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2009, 09:37:32 PM »
Or just bite the bullet and buy a good one from a different company all together. The cost outweighs the aggrivation for yourself caused by that pos breaking every time you go out (just about)

PaulW

« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »
Or just bite the bullet and buy a good one from a different company all together. The cost outweighs the aggrivation for yourself caused by that pos breaking every time you go out (just about)

i had good luck with my track bars from rustys even bent one and snapped it in half, and they always sent me new ones.

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2009, 09:43:59 PM »
RockKrawler solid stock trackbar.. No problems/ breaks.... And I beat my Jeep up at BTC. :-\