Author Topic: Sweet Commando for Sale  (Read 2980 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Sweet Commando for Sale
« on: January 21, 2009, 04:07:26 AM »
A guy over on 4given4x4 just posted this 72 Commando for Sale. I sent the link to my wife and told her that I want it if we get a good tax return. We'll see what happens. 8k isn't bad for this.

http://www.4given4x4.org/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5203

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Re: Sweet Commando for Sale
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 04:15:50 AM »
That Jeep Rocks!!!!  A great deal at 8K.
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 04:16:03 AM »
sweet!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 04:27:31 AM »
That thing is beautiful!  Good luck!
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

PaulW

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 03:36:50 PM »
Rock Paper Scissors??

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 10:38:28 PM »
Rock Paper Scissors??

obviously you'd do that AFTER he bought it and paid it off.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

PaulW

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:53:18 PM »
Rock Paper Scissors??

obviously you'd do that AFTER he bought it and paid it off.

Afterwards is just going to be rock lol

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 10:58:12 PM »

Roger, THROW PAPER!!

PaulW

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 11:12:02 PM »

Roger, THROW PAPER!!
I just use vulcan death ray.  It superseeds everything else so nehneenehneeneh!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2009, 03:49:30 AM »
I have no idea how rock, paper, scissors and vulcan death rays got in a vehicle for sale thread, but I'll throw the Borg out there and you all will be assimilated. I talked to my wife about it on the phone tonight and she said I really need something newer and more reliable since it would have to be my DD. I hate it, but she made sense. She wants me to buy a Rubicon like Chief just bought. I just have to save my pennies and get her Jeep paid off first. I'll probably be sporting the XJ for a long time and doing whatever needs to be done to keep it going. What worries me right now is the amount of oil I'm getting in my air filter. The blow-by is getting bad.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 04:40:21 AM »
does anyone know if my old XJ is up at the hobby shop still? We can give the guy Alan Burleigh (the new owner) a call and see if he wants to part it out... Strip it for cheap. it's not in a running condition since the barrier incident. it's been sitting for well over a year now..

PaulW

« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 03:09:37 PM »
I have no idea how rock, paper, scissors and vulcan death rays got in a vehicle for sale thread, but I'll throw the Borg out there and you all will be assimilated. I talked to my wife about it on the phone tonight and she said I really need something newer and more reliable since it would have to be my DD. I hate it, but she made sense. She wants me to buy a Rubicon like Chief just bought. I just have to save my pennies and get her Jeep paid off first. I'll probably be sporting the XJ for a long time and doing whatever needs to be done to keep it going. What worries me right now is the amount of oil I'm getting in my air filter. The blow-by is getting bad.

I have a motor if you need one.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2009, 03:36:54 PM »

The stupid thing is that my engine purrs like a kitten and runs so well, yet has blowby. I think this engine is going to last for quite a while longer, but I just have to change out the air filter a little more often. I'm going to be looking at another XJ from a guy at my church soon so I may have a motor lined up. What year is the motor you have? Since my XJ is an 89 it is not the HO 4.0 and has the Renix fuel injection system on it.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 03:39:10 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

PaulW

« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2009, 04:54:31 PM »

The stupid thing is that my engine purrs like a kitten and runs so well, yet has blowby. I think this engine is going to last for quite a while longer, but I just have to change out the air filter a little more often. I'm going to be looking at another XJ from a guy at my church soon so I may have a motor lined up. What year is the motor you have? Since my XJ is an 89 it is not the HO 4.0 and has the Renix fuel injection system on it.

Mine is out of a 94.  Swapping the intake manifolds is the only difference to put the renix back on.  But with the 94 motor you'll have higher compression :D

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2009, 05:03:48 PM »
That may be a good plan. If the guy at church gives me his XJ real cheap I may pick it up to steal part off of since it's an 89 also. If I could find a place to put it I would love to rebuild the engine with 4.2L parts for a stroker motor to replace my current motor.
1994 YJ on 37s