Author Topic: EC4WDA Annual Food Drive Run  (Read 3524 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
EC4WDA Annual Food Drive Run
« on: October 27, 2008, 01:48:18 PM »
Mark your calendars for the FOOD DRIVE in North Adams.

EC4WDA Four Wheel Food Drive, Saturday November 1st.
Meeting place: National Guard Armory, Ashland St, North Adams, Ma
Meeting time is 9am, departing to the trails by 11am.

On Saturday, November 1st, 2008, the Berkshire4Wheelers and East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association, Northeast Region, will be holding their annual Four Wheel Food Drive food collection and off-road trail ride to benefit the Northern Berkshire Community Action Coalition food pantry. Attendees will donate non-perishable food items in the morning and then head out into the Berkshire hills for guided trail rides.. Coffee and donuts will be provided as well.
Supermarket gift cards for Big Y and Stop & Shop will be accepted as well.

Please be ready for technical/equipment inspections. Nothing beyond the basics required on any organized trail ride. Take a look at your straps and recovery points BEFORE you show up with defective sub-par equipment please.
There will be different levels of trail difficulty available for all comers, however our emphasis is on attendance and giving. Be reasonable about how difficult your rig can handle. As you arrive you will be parked with a group for EASY, MODERATE or DIFFICULT… not by what trail you feel like doing. I expect 40+ rigs and 100+ people to attend. So the more cooperation we get the better it will come off..
Please make a point to attend, or give a donation to your buddy who is going.
This is one staple event that keeps us in a good relationship with the towns up there and we kick-ass every year.. lets make it another great season-closer!!

please pass this on to all your members and post on any appropriate sites/forums that it's not on yet.
all are welcome to attend this event regardless of membership or affiliation.
thanks and we'll see you there!!

EDIT:  Right now, I am planning on attending.  For those leaving from the Groton area, we will most likely meet at the Groton Town House around 6 am on Saturday.  At least that's about when I'll be leaving.   ::)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 01:50:31 PM by Axle »
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
Re: EC4WDA Annual Food Drive Run
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
Any idea of when it will be over?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 02:51:01 PM »
I would expect the trail rides will last a couple of hours, barring any problems.  Then you add on the 2 hour drive home.  So you could possibly be home by 1700ish.

I win!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
We can caravan this one.

But teh estimated time is closer to 2hrs 45min from my house.
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:09:26 PM »
I can't make it this weekend. I have some other things going on.
1994 YJ on 37s

tx_country

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2008, 06:53:53 PM »
i'm gonna try to be there... gotta make sure its ok with the wife. if not i have a box of canned goods that was for another food drive that got cancelled.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008, 08:41:55 PM »
If you have to cancel, let me know so I can grab your donations.

I win!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2008, 04:26:55 AM »
Does anyone want to meet at the park-n-ride in Colchester?

I was thinking about 0715. should be about 2.5 hrs from that point.
97 V6 Tacoma TRD. 2.5" front coil spacers. 3.5' Downey leaf springs, 2" 4Crawler body Lift, rear Bilstein 5125's, 35" BFG KM2's, Skid row transfer skid, Ocean State Crawlers front winch bumper, custom rear bumper, Kajobuilt sliders, deckplate mod, grey wire mod, Smittybilt XRC8.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2008, 06:43:27 AM »
I'm 75% sure i'm going, the park-n-ride would be good.  which exit?
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2008, 01:52:11 PM »
0715 is too late.  The event starts at 0900.  I'm going to be leaving between 0600 and 0630, because I can only do around 60 +/- 5 mph.  Unless I can get my Jeep to Lambardi's to rebalance my tires by tomorrow.  If you and Rocket just want to head up, I will meet you there.  tx_country is going, and he said he might convoy up with me.

I win!

jmwendler

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2008, 03:12:42 PM »
I think I am going. Going to take the Dodge to the hobby shop tomorrow to rotate tires, flush tranny, change oil, and drill some holes for tow points in the front. If we convoy from groton 0600ish, meeting at Grotontownhouse again?

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2008, 04:18:08 PM »
My plans have changed and I am in. Hopefully the wife won't HATE. I can meet at the park and ride. Give me a time.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2008, 07:15:44 PM »
Cool.  So we'll have a group going from the park n ride and a group going from the Groton Town House.  Groton Town House group will meet between 0600 and 0630.  I am taking my Jeep to Lombardi's this afternoon to get the tires rebalanced.  Hopefully I'll be able to go a little faster, if not eliminate my death wobble.

I win!

Offline smaug1911

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2008, 10:11:21 PM »
The Colchester Park n ride is a good 35-40 minutes from Groton.
If some people left Groton at 0630 and met us in Colchester, the timing would be pretty close.

As far as getting there at 9AM....I think they are hanging out for a while and heading to the trails by 11AM.

I think North Adams is about 2.5 hrs from Colchester which would put us there about 0945.

How about this?...anyone who wants to meet in Colchester:
Meet about 0700-ish. we will hit the road at 715... unless you call and beg me to wait.
860-460-0903

park n ride is Exit #20 (Parum Rd) off Rt. 2. Turn left, then right...go through the next intersection. PNR is on the right.

Can I get responses from anyone who definitely plans to come by Colchester first?

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2008, 02:21:04 AM »
I guess we'll just do that then.  We'll gather at the Groton Town House and then ride up to meet up with you guys at the park n ride, and then go from there. 

I win!