Author Topic: Vibrations after SYE and CV install  (Read 918 times)

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
Vibrations after SYE and CV install
« on: October 27, 2008, 05:24:28 AM »
I installed my SYE and CV driveshaft today.  It went pretty smooth for the most part.  I did break my snap ring pliers, so I had to run out to get another set.  If anyone is looking to do this install I highly recommend a set of heavy duty snap ring pliers with a pretty good opening range.  While I had the skid plate off I found a loose tranny mount and an electrical connection that was sitting on the exhaust and starting to melt.  Now that everything is installed, it seems much more solid when driving, but when I press in on the clutch while moving I get a pretty bad vibration comming through the shifter handle.  It looks like I will need to switch the axle shims from 2.5 deg to something in the 6-8 deg range.  I am going to take some measurements when I get a chance so I can figure out what I need.  If anyone is looking to do this install and would like some help let me know. 

Kirk
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT