Author Topic: Guns and shooting events  (Read 8678 times)

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Guns and shooting events
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2008, 03:36:40 PM »
Oh, and by the way Scott, in case you haven't taken notice.....

I want that gun you owe me, for my birthday  ;) ;D Love you baby!

Back to topic lol!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2008, 03:38:01 PM »
If my scorecard is correct, I'm showing that you just got a new camera, and that Scott is owed a welder.  :)
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2008, 03:40:34 PM »
BOOM, HEADSHOT!!! :o

Good one, Al.  ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2008, 03:48:54 PM »
sweet,
then let me say I'll be happy to bring out my rifle anywhere we can legaly shoot with a decently long range (no point in shooting at 25-50 yards with a long gun) and I'll be happy to let anyone use it there who brings ammo for it.

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2008, 03:49:44 PM »
If my scorecard is correct, I'm showing that you just got a new camera, and that Scott is owed a welder.  :)

You suck. For your information, Scott's Bday was Christmas Eve...and between that AND Xmas...he made out like a friggin bandit, as usual. I guess I could take his $300 cell phone back (only ONE of the toys he got) and get him a welder instead?  :P

Back to topic....

Guns Guns and more Guns.

Does a permit transfer to other states?
~J.D.~

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »
some (but very few) states recognize some other states permits
however, usually having a permit in one state makes it easier to get one in another state

I've got a book called the traveler's guide to firearm laws in all 50 states.  My copy is a few years old now, but it's a good starting point.  Mostly focuses on handgun and concealed/open carry laws.  Let me know if you've got any specific example questions.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2008, 04:00:50 PM »
however, usually having a permit in one state makes it easier to get one in another state

I've got a book called the traveler's guide to firearm laws in all 50 states.  My copy is a few years old now, but it's a good starting point.  Mostly focuses on handgun and concealed/open carry laws.  Let me know if you've got any specific example questions.

*groans* damn. I have no idea where we might be moving. PRD isn't until Aug 09, unless he makes LDO in Feb...who knows! This is why I always stall on getting a friggin permit  :-\  Kinda hard to plan for shit, unless you know where you are going. It takes so long to get the permit, that by the time you do, it's time to rotate, and who knows if you can xfer etc. Not to mention all the fees paid, you might lose!

:-[
~J.D.~

Offline Doball

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2008, 04:15:57 PM »
Based on this list from the NRA website, I'm assuming Basic Pistol is what CT requires. Doesn't really make sense unless it incorporates basic firearms training.
Here's a list of all training held in CT registered with the NRA.

http://www.nrahq.org/education/training/find.asp?State=CT&Type=

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2008, 04:19:16 PM »

*groans* damn. I have no idea where we might be moving. PRD isn't until Aug 09, unless he makes LDO in Feb...who knows! This is why I always stall on getting a friggin permit  :-\  Kinda hard to plan for shit, unless you know where you are going. It takes so long to get the permit, that by the time you do, it's time to rotate, and who knows if you can xfer etc. Not to mention all the fees paid, you might lose!

you can get the federal permits they are expensive but work everywhere. I'm sure someone else knows more about this than me

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #24 on: January 04, 2008, 04:25:15 PM »
Oh, and by the way Scott, in case you haven't taken notice.....

I want that gun you owe me, for my birthday  ;) ;D Love you baby!

Back to topic lol!

SHIT! *rifles through my wallet* Ummmm ok, I'll see what I can do....LOL...Thats all I got for now...

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2008, 04:31:05 PM »
An FFL is $200 and is mainly for dealers.  If you own one or even 3 guns, you really don't need one.  An FFL only allows you to buy and sell guns, parts, and accessories.  Usually at cost instead of retail.  Unless you plan on having a large collection, you are barking up the wrong tree.  Plus, you have to be able to list a place of business, which can be your home, but it has to be approved by local law enforcement.  Which means no go, for us navy folk living in housing.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2008, 04:48:13 PM »
yeah, as far as I'm aware, a FFL has nothing to do with "carry" ... that's still up to the localities

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2008, 05:02:00 PM »
looking at that list, ledyard is probably the best for you guys in groton, I think that's held at the ledyard sportsman club, which has their own range

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2008, 05:16:07 PM »
looking at that list, ledyard is probably the best for you guys in groton, I think that's held at the ledyard sportsman club, which has their own range

This is so cool...but man do they make you work for it. Proof of residency, applications, application fees, training sessions and certifications, more fees for licensing, eeps! No wonder it's always mowed under on my "to-do" list!

And I won't know if it xfers until I know where WE will xfer! LOL

~J.D.~

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2008, 10:23:24 PM »
I'd be interested in both shooting my rifle and getting a permit.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work