Author Topic: JT4x4 Monthly Meeting  (Read 5516 times)

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
Re: JT4x4 Monthly Meeting
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2008, 10:01:26 PM »
and the noise level of the place would have to be considered too
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2008, 10:19:07 PM »
This has been brought up before, about meeting at a bar or restraunt.  The same conclusion as mallcrawl stated was what we came up with.  I think Rocket's idea of leaving the option open to the host and removing any pressure is the best solution. 
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2008, 02:34:27 PM »
Footman -

We have all gotten together (usually after a Cruise Day), and taken the whole club to places like "The Spot" to get together and have fun. They put together mass tables for us, or the patio.

It is usually during a time when people can chose to go, or bow out gracefully, without the pressure of HAVING to go, to make a meeting.

The public places are just funner to go and hang out at, just for the hell of it...the meetings (because of people's funds or chasing o' the children), have made it easier at houses....

I can't imagine that we wouldn't have the same options on the CarQuest Cruise Day, or even down at Ocean Beach...everyone just getting together to hang out :)

And Kev - I think everyone was ok with moving the meeting to a Saturday for the access to the pool party for the "meeting" BBQ lol! So are you looking at July 5th?!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline McNastyNate

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2008, 04:25:46 PM »
sorry i couldn't make it everyone...my boat pulled in a few days early and i've been on shift work since that afternoon..(noon to midnight)....haven't had a whole lot of time to do anything....hopefully i'll be able to catch up with you guys and go wheelin' before i go on deployment

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2008, 04:03:38 AM »
I'm up for a race!  its been a while since i've raced anyone ;)  I bet bambi is faster than any jeep out there!

I know this is way after the fact, but I just got back.. but I'm pretty sure the XJ could put up a pretty good fight.  ;)
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2008, 04:26:35 AM »
I'm up for a race!  its been a while since i've raced anyone ;)  I bet bambi is faster than any jeep out there!

I know this is way after the fact, but I just got back.. but I'm pretty sure the XJ could put up a pretty good fight.  ;)

remember, its just not the machine, its the man behind the wheel.  fast driving/cars is my heritage ;)
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work