Author Topic: cummins tools sale  (Read 2299 times)

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
cummins tools sale
« on: January 01, 2008, 04:53:57 AM »
http://www.toyotacrawlers.com/forum/index.php?topic=8615.0

monday january 7, groton country club, 11am-7pm 94 lovers lane groton

I know I've personally been to a few of these in the past.  They've got some really great deals.  Sometimes the quality isn't the best, but I think most of the time the prices make up for it.

Last one I went to, I bought some tall jack stands, and a "farm jack" (off-brand hi-lift)

I know they've always got cheap winches and welders and such.

For the most part, the quality is on part with harbor freight (probably the same foreign manufacturer on most of the stuff)

http://www.cumminstools.com/index.htm?

good for rough pricing and availability, but not everything is available at the truck sales and prices aren't always the same.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: cummins tools sale
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 04:56:12 AM »
errr, my bad, looks like that's groton, ma ... still, might be worth the drive if you're really looking for something
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2008, 02:03:46 AM »
everything I bought from the last summer broke the first time I used it.
just saying buyer beware

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 06:49:31 AM »
word

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 03:07:50 PM »
I've bought stuff from events like that, and it is usually crap.  I dont' know that i would even buy tools there just to keep in a vehicle.  Imagine you break an axle on a trail.  And your bud has a spare.  your are set, right?  then you break that one wrench/socket you need to finish.  now you are stuck w/ a diff w/o a cover, no good axle in, and gear oil all over the ground.  Save your money for something a little better.  Go to home depot, lowes, or even sears (if you have enough dough).  leave the crap alone.

Just my .02
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2008, 04:48:31 PM »
i think that is good idea. but i bought a body hammer and die set. great deal for 15 bucks

but any hammed and 2x4would work