Author Topic: 4" lift  (Read 6512 times)

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
Re: 4" lift
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2008, 03:20:39 AM »
my only question,

longer shocks? ? ? ? ? ? ?

your stock shocks will limit your travel....

calling all jeep's for a ruling on the field.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 03:34:43 AM by HOT-ROD »

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2008, 03:43:21 AM »
That's a good deal imo.

GO LONG ARM!!!

Oh, and Hot Rod is right, you need to replace your shocks.  The stock ones will kill the lift.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2008, 03:49:51 AM »
thanks, i didn't want to get "lift knowledge" cocky. but i was thinkiing stock shocks would limit your travel by quite a bit.

ALSO!!!!

you dont need a rear swaybar (my 2ct)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 03:52:42 AM »
X2!!!

"Lift cockey"!?  HA!  YOU DA LIFT NINJA MASTA!!!   ;D

Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2008, 05:52:37 AM »
That's a good deal imo.

GO LONG ARM!!!

If you can find me a deal as good as this but LA I'd snatch it up in a second.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2008, 01:09:01 AM »
so I ordered my lift today.  And I got and email back asking me questions that I need your help with bc i'm clueless, see below.  Plus did you guys have to measure for your CV shaft?

Did you want to Add RE Monotubes to your order for  $250.00 more?
There are a couple upgrades too that are available. Long Travel and Premium. $25 and $40 extra. Let me know if you want to upgrade. If vehicle will be used off road a lot, it is a good idea to at least go up to the Long Travel... Both Upgrades are picture in the Guide I have attached...

The S spline is a conventional spline stub that will yield a safe, effective and usable stroke of 3”. The X spline is longer than the S spline. The X spline is cut for the full length of the spline stub. This gives a bit more than twice the contact area between the slip yoke and spline stub and a stroke of 4-1/2". This in and of itself will net more than twice the life on these two components.

With the XB configuration, we will use a heavy rubber boot which is banded down with stainless steel banding to seal all of the contaminates out and keep the grease in. The XC configuration uses the same slip yoke & spline stub but instead of using the rubber boot, we drill and tap the slip yoke for a grease fitting and use a dust cap which has convolutions that follow the spline stub for sealing. We consider the XB configuration to be the longest lasting and best value.

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2008, 01:40:29 AM »
Did you want to Add RE Monotubes to your order for  $250.00 more?
There are a couple upgrades too that are available. Long Travel and Premium. $25 and $40 extra. Let me know if you want to upgrade. If vehicle will be used off road a lot, it is a good idea to at least go up to the Long Travel... Both Upgrades are picture in the Guide I have attached...

He's referring to the shocks here. If you lift your Jeep, it will require longer shocks to get the maximum flex out of the lift. It's not a bad price for a really good set of shocks, however, cheaper shocks are really only about $100 cheaper. Its a personal preference in my opinion.

The S spline is a conventional spline stub that will yield a safe, effective and usable stroke of 3”. The X spline is longer than the S spline. The X spline is cut for the full length of the spline stub. This gives a bit more than twice the contact area between the slip yoke and spline stub and a stroke of 4-1/2". This in and of itself will net more than twice the life on these two components.

With the XB configuration, we will use a heavy rubber boot which is banded down with stainless steel banding to seal all of the contaminates out and keep the grease in. The XC configuration uses the same slip yoke & spline stub but instead of using the rubber boot, we drill and tap the slip yoke for a grease fitting and use a dust cap which has convolutions that follow the spline stub for sealing. We consider the XB configuration to be the longest lasting and best value.

Somone correct me if I'm wrong, but this refers to the slip joint on the driveshaft between both ends. When your axle flexes, your driveshaft length varies and this slip is where it happens. The salesman is saying its a little more stable and increases the expected life of the driveshaft with the "X spline". The "XB Configuration" he's referring to is the way its lubricated, the XB has a sealing boot that matches the splines on the slip to keep dirt out and it comes with a grease fitting to keep it lubed. If it were me, I'd go with the X spline in the XB configuration...Maintenance on it will be easier and will help it last a longer.

Just my $.02   ;D

Jeeper

« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2008, 04:51:55 AM »
I have the RE 3.5" with RE monotube (long Travel) and they are great. I would spend the $$, and I agree with Seabee about the shaft XB configuration is the way to go.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2008, 06:28:45 PM »
how does the RE monotube compare to skyjacker hydros, bilsteins or others

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2008, 07:06:35 PM »
Not too sure about the ones you mentioned but I just put new Rancho RS5000's on JD's TJ...The ride is soooo nice now...I haven't had them off road yet though. I would imagine the RE ones are a bit better because they are matched to a lift and larger tires. Not that its a defining factor but the RE ones are also like $10-$20 MORE per shock than the Ranchos...