Author Topic: 4" lift  (Read 6508 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: 4" lift
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 12:37:45 AM »
From personal experience, long arm lifts suck on the road, but they rock offroad.  Just depends on what you get.

Here's my brand, Rock Krawler, in a complete 4" short arm system.  The only thing I think you would need in addition to the lift would be a slip yoke eliminator kit and cv driveshaft.  You can get a combo from Carolina Driveline for about $350 including shipping.  Cheapest deal anywhere, and it's quality stuff.  So I'd say with this setup, that brings your grand total to around $2000 after shipping and taxes.  The good news is Rock Krawler is in NY, so shipping is el cheapo and it only takes a couple of days to get here.  Rock Krawler also makes the same 4" system in a long arm.  www.rockkrawler.comwww.carolinadriveline.com

SKU: RKTJ40XF+SA
Suggested Retail: $1,549.00
The Rock Krawler 4.0 X Factor Plus Short Arm System is the ultimate short arm system on the market today. This system allows you to run 33" tires with unparalleled articulation and ability. This system includes everything in our flex system with the added benefits of front upper high misalignment/adjustable control arms and the rear triangulated 4-link conversion that allows removal of the rear track bar. This gives you the ultimate in vehicle balance coupled with rear anti-squat geometry for excellent climbing ability. This system maintains an excellent highway ride quality that TJ owners have become accustomed to. Try to find all of these great qualities in any other short arm system. That won't happen! Don't forget this system comes with our exclusive abuse proof lifetime guarantee on all hard parts!
System Benefits:
-Excellent Highway Ride and Handling
-The Best Off Road Ability of any Short Arm System!
-RTI 1100+ on a 20 Degree Ramp
-Allows for 33" Tires
-Limited Lifetime Warranty
-Upgradeable to long arm system

System Includes:
4 linear coil springs, 4 high misalignment/double-adjustable lower control arms made from solid stock, front high misalignment/adjustable track bar made from solid stock, rear triangulated 4 link conversion with triangulated 4 link arms made from solid stock, rear triangulated 4 link mounting cradle/axle truss made from 1/4" thick laser cut steel, front upper high misalignment/adjustable control arms made from solid stock, front adjustable sway bar disconnects, rear extended sway bar links, stainless steel brake lines, rear upper reinforcing mounts, drop pitman arm, hardware and detailed instructions.

*Available for any front axle and the following rear axles: Dana 35, Dana 44, Dana 44 Al, Dana 60, Ford 8.8, and Tera 60

**Requires a transfer case drop kit, or a C.V. Driveshaft Conversion, or a SYE with C.V. Driveshaft Conversion

***2003 TJ's equipped with 4 speed automatics will require removal of the factory automatic transmission skid plate if so equipped to allow for proper front driveshaft travel

Options:

* Bolt in rear mounting system versus the weld on rear cradle available upon special request. Lead time may apply.

** Requires removal of the OEM rear upper control arm mounts off the rear axle for weld on rear cradle.

Recommended Accessories:

- Transfer Case Drop Kit - $20.00

- Rock Krawler X Factor Plus Steering - $349.00

- Rock Krawler Adjustable Weld In Poly Foam Bump Stops - $115 per pair.

- Heavy Duty Slip Yoke Eliminator with C.V. Driveshaft from Six States - $450.00

- Rubicon Model Rear C.V. Driveshaft Conversion from Six States - $315.00

Shock Notes: It is recommended that high quality shocks be used with all Rock Krawler Suspension Systems. At a very minimum an adjustable dampening rate shock such as a MX-6 or RS9000 so you can choose your ride quality!

Front Shock - 17" Collapsed to 29" Extended
Reference MX6013 with Daystar EVS Jounce Stop
or Fox Racing Shox Part Number 980-99-282-A
Rear Shock - 16" Collapsed to 26" Extended
Reference MX6027 with Daystar EVS Jounce Stop
or Fox Racing Shox Part Number 980-99-271-A
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 02:51:45 PM »
Oh yeah one last question, can I use my stock rims if I go with 33's?

you could, but shouldn't.  the stock wheels are too narrow unless you are planing on running skinny tires.  usally you can find a good package deal where you get some superswamper on rockcrawler black rims for around a 1000, give or take a hundred.  I recommend searching the fourms for some used, already mounted ones.  I picked up a set of 5 mounted bfg, km's 33X12.5 with crager soft eights for 750, and they were like new.  I'll keep my eyes open.  check www.cave76.org, there are a lot of good people over there with lots of extra stuff laying around!

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 02:55:52 PM »
http://www.cave76.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3084

he's asking 300

and he just signed up on our fourm too! 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2008, 02:59:11 PM by reg »

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 02:57:26 PM »

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 02:58:35 PM »
http://www.cave76.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3028

you get the idea, the deals are everywhere.

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2008, 03:42:46 PM »
Send a pm to Heavy Chevy...  His wife works at a tire store nearbye and they could help you swing a good deal.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 04:42:16 AM »
i'd hop on the interco's, they are a great tire, and not to shabby, for a first set of sneakers for the trail.

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2008, 03:40:12 PM »
He's asking $300. Is that cat included? ;D
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2008, 04:38:47 PM »
If you have $1800 to play with for the lift and such, look into the Rubicon Express Superflex 3.5". Its a great short arm lift with lots of flex and can be purchased for about 900 bucks. Add a slip yoke elim. and the cv driveshaft for around 400 I think and the rest can be put towards a new set of 33" meats. We have run this lift on Kral4me's TJ for over 4 years now and ChiefKP just put one on his Unlimited. Install time for the lift was about 6 hours he said. One eye has done SYE before and could answer any questions you have about that part. Just my opinion, I'm biased towards the rubicon express because we have had zero problems with it

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2008, 10:35:33 PM »
just keep doing your home work bayougold just went through this and his thread is on the forum somewhere. and all of us have been through this before so dont be afraid to ask any ques. to any of us. and dont get to worried abour the money burning a hole in your pocket you own a jeep and it tends to find the money and eat it up quick hahahaha.

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2008, 02:00:43 AM »
4x4GroupBuy.com has a complete 4.5" Rubicon Express kit + SYE & Tom Woods drive shaft deal for $1550.
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 04:48:06 PM »
Firstly I would like to say thank you to all your comments and opinions.  I think I'm really leaning towards the Rubicon 4.5" lift w/SYE and CV shaft that Bayougold told me about.  Theres just one thing I'm stuck on.  From what I've read is that anything over 3" they say the long arm lift is the way to go.  It will cut down on jolting shocks upon impact.  So my main question to you is just how much of an increase in drivability is there of a long arm over a short arm?  If I do go with the short arm, at a later date can I add my 2" spacers to make it a total of 6" lift?

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 04:56:49 PM »
can I add my 2" spacers to make it a total of 6" lift?

I wouldn't recomend using spacers over lift springs, though I know it has been done, it seems like a bit much to put a joint that can pop sideway's at the top of a lift spring

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 10:35:49 PM »
steve

post a link to the lift you are going to buy so we can make sure you won't be stuck needing to make modifications on the fly while you're rig is on the lift.

and a couple cans of pb blaster wouldn't hurt either.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 03:07:50 AM »