Author Topic: Getting out of the boxes...  (Read 2042 times)

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Getting out of the boxes...
« on: March 07, 2008, 12:29:37 AM »
Got TVs hooked up, thinning out the boxes.  Got furniture ordered for the bedroom and living room.  Got a washer and dryer ordered.

Things are definitely looking and feeling a lot better around here.

The dining room is still full of boxes though.  We're thinking we need another piece of furniture for storage or kitchen stuff (something like a buffet type thingy with drawers and cabinets)  Then we should be all done with the big money items for a while.

Just can't wait till this stuff starts getting delivered (Tuesday will be the first pieces, then the following Tuesday and Wednesday for the rest of what we've ordered so far)

I start work a week from Today, so the unemployed life is already feeling like it's coming to an end.

The president of Central North Carolina 4x4 lives about a mile from me, and has been in close communication with me (he and his family relocated from Bristol, CT not so long ago, so he was being very helpful during my moving process) ... he's supposed to be organizing a wrenching day soon, and is going to let me know when and where so that I can meet a bunch of the crew.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: Getting out of the boxes...
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2008, 12:32:23 AM »
That's right, important stuff first...  Join a new club, then worry about the furniture!!!   ;D
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline CaptORM

• Rock Crawler
    • JT 4X4
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2008, 01:22:51 AM »
I know the feeling Al.  I just moved Mon-Wed and we are living out of the boxes right now.  It sucks.  Of course I didnt quite move as far as you.  But I know the feeling.
I do cheeks for free just ask...

l  
 l _[==]__o___o
 l//_|__l__l,\___\,___
 l_--\__\__l_/---\_[] llll [)
  (o)_)        (o)_)--o)_)

96 Jeep Grand Cherokee
6.5" lift, 33's

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2008, 02:22:30 AM »
well, the biggest problem we're having, is that our bedroom, and our living room were both furniture that we bought from Bob's back when we first moved in together, about 10 years ago, so we decided it wasn't worth moving either of them, we'd just leave it behind, and buy new stuff when we got here, but now we're here, and we've got no couch, we're using Dick's folding camping chairs, and we've got no bed, we're using a walmart inflatable air mattress.  Also, when we left out last apartment 2 years ago, we sold out washer and dryer, because there were already ones at the new place we were moving into, but now we need/want them again, so we went and bought new stuff for everything, just waiting for delivery now.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2008, 03:07:08 AM »
i feel your pain, Al.  I've moved 29 times (yes, its true, no lies!).  Glad you are getting hooked up w/ a club!
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2008, 02:32:43 PM »
well, the biggest problem we're having, is that our bedroom, and our living room were both furniture that we bought from Bob's back when we first moved in together, about 10 years ago, so we decided it wasn't worth moving either of them, we'd just leave it behind, and buy new stuff when we got here, but now we're here, and we've got no couch, we're using Dick's folding camping chairs, and we've got no bed, we're using a walmart inflatable air mattress.  Also, when we left out last apartment 2 years ago, we sold out washer and dryer, because there were already ones at the new place we were moving into, but now we need/want them again, so we went and bought new stuff for everything, just waiting for delivery now.

*Grins* almost sounds like you are military...that's just a little taste of our world each time we move: what furniture will fit into the new place? What's too old to hold onto? What do we need now that we sold 2 houses ago? And living in camping gear for a few weeks during the transition LMAO!

Good to hear everything is going good. And x2 what Axle said "get hooked up locally with wheeling before furniture" LMAO!
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, 03:23:17 PM »
well, i am sure they will hook you up with some help and cool places to get great deals on stuff.

good luck on the boxes.

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, 05:17:15 PM »
There's apparently a big March Madness sale at the local 4x4 shop in town today.  I guess a lot of the club members are planning to hand out there all day, so I might head over to check things out and meet some of them.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2008, 05:01:33 AM »
when you bringing the rig's down?

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2008, 04:03:51 PM »
The YJ is already here, but it's across town in a storage unit.
I need to find out what the deal is about parking more than 2 vehicles here at the apartment lots.  It seems like there is plenty of parking available.
My truck, trailer, and tracker (the 3 TRs?) are all still back at my parents' house in Norwich.  Once I get the parking figured out, I'll probably plan to fly back on a Friday afternoon, and drive them down here on a Saturday.  But things are so busy just trying to figure out furniture, and getting things unpacked and put away, and I'll be starting the new job in just a few more days, so I'll probably put that off for a month or so.  From what I've been told, most of the REAL (legal) wheeling is still at least a 3 hour drive from here in Raleigh, so I really won't have the time or money for that too soon anyway.

I didn't make it over to the big sale yesterday, but here are some pics of the shop.  They've got their own rock garden, right at the shop to play on.  :)

http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39004&page=2

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48:00 PM »
Wow, those were some hardcore rigs.  :o
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master