Author Topic: New Member in Fairfield County, CT  (Read 1266 times)

Offline BlueRubi

• Trail Passenger
New Member in Fairfield County, CT
« on: November 25, 2021, 04:33:08 AM »
Hello Everyone, my name is Karen Tomko and I am from Redding, CT. I have lived in CT most of my life. First, thank you for having me here on the forum. I am new here, and a soon-to-be empty nester who has always wanted to wheel. It's about time! My daughter Elizabeth and son-in-law Chas are avid Jeepers/off-roaders and gave me a Jeep rental in Moab as a birthday gift a few years ago, and they also have graciously let me wheel with them at various places. I am hooked. They are relocating up to the Groton area from NC and we have been looking to connect with some others who are interested in off-roading and we found you. I recently purchased my own 2020 JLUR, stock. I will be getting a winch and a lift some time soon, along with perhaps some 35's. Thank you Big Chuck for guiding us in the process! We hope to see you all soon, maybe the 12/4 event?  :)
Bone stock, so far! Winch first...

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
Re: New Member in Fairfield County, CT
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 02:43:24 PM »
Welcome Karen!!!
  It will be great for you to see your impression of New England Wheeling now that you have been to Moab and down South. As I'm sure you are aware CT is full of rock and that is what we wheel on. A winch would be a great place to start, but you should also look into getting lockers and good quality Skid plates for your brand new Jeep. If you do come to the event next Saturday you will see quite the array of different style rigs, from mild to wild. Looking forward to meeting you all very soon.
Big Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.