Author Topic: Lifts  (Read 1474 times)

Offline BayouGold

• Rock Crawler
Lifts
« on: February 25, 2008, 11:56:02 PM »
Anybody have any opinions on Rubicon Express lifts? Good, not-so-good, o.k.? Or Fabtech?
'01 TJ 60th Anniversary Edition

Offline Seabee_BUC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Yeah she's fast...Terrible in the rocks I'm sure!
Re: Lifts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2008, 01:29:17 AM »
JD and I love the Rubicon Express on her TJ. Its the 3 1/2" Super Flex and we have had zero problems with it! And at about $900 its not too bad on the wallet...

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2008, 03:13:42 AM »
hey bayougold rubicon express makes good stuff fabtech is also pretty good. their is a bunch of good companies out there just look close at what each company offers not all are include everything that you need. ive got the BDS ultimate 4.5 lift its a little bit more than some other companys but it came with everything i needed (minus sye and driveshaft i chose to not lower the t-case)and it comes with a lifetime no ques. asked warranty trust me on this one ive used it once already with no ques. asked. if you have any more ques. shoot me a pm. good luck

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 01:11:27 PM »
Yeah, that is the biggest thing.  Make sure you have everything.  When I got mine I had to buy it all in seperate pieces because at the time Pro Comp didn't just sell a kit.  Now they have their Stage 1 and Stage 2 kits.  Most kits don't come with an SYE or CV Drive Shaft but almost all kits have everything.  Things to look for, Adjustable Track Bar, T-Case drop (if you don't plan on getting an SYE right away), Sway bar disconnects (optional but a lot of kits have them now).  I think that is the most common pieces that are left out.  None of them you absolutely NEED, but they are VERY good to have.  Any questions just ask.  I think most of us have installed a lift or two here we we kinda know what we're talking about.
JT4x4 Founding Member

Jeeper

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2008, 02:00:19 PM »
I have the 3.5 and love it. No problems at all and the kit cme with everything and you can put it on in about 6 hours.

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
It took CaptORM and myself about 8 hours to do mine and that includes trying to drill 3/4" steel with a wood drill bit!   >:( HAHAHAHA  That was anything but fun.  Cleaning the underside of the Jeep makes things go a lot smoother too.  We had to sweep the floor about 4-5 times while doing mine.  Very anoying.
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 12:31:52 AM »
and not for nothing, but dont you remember how well ED's moosin88 jeep flexed over literally, EVERYTHING on sunday.