Author Topic: New to forum, interested in joining  (Read 1305 times)

Offline Sgtaco

• Trail Passenger
New to forum, interested in joining
« on: January 15, 2019, 07:31:50 PM »
Hi all, interested in joining, meeting new people and riding.  I'm from Rhode Island, have a 2016 Tacoma TRD off road, stock.  Are there any upcoming meetings or trail rides?  Are most of the trail rides stock friendly?  Thanks!

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
Re: New to forum, interested in joining
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 08:32:32 PM »
Welcome Scott, we have meetings the 1st Tuesday of the month in various locations, next meeting in Norwich, CT February 5th. As of right now we do not have any wheeling planned, but that can change at a moment's notice. Usually there are bi-passes at most of our trails to accommodate stockish rigs. Keep your eye on the board and we will post up the next wheeling. As I told you in the 1st emails we had we do a lot of Rock Crawling and most of our trails are that, but again there are go arounds.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline Sgtaco

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 10:51:55 PM »
Thanks for the info.  How many people are active members?  Of those how many drive stockish rigs that I could ride with?

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2019, 10:55:24 PM »
Winter time is generally a time when everyone is licking their wounds and generally upgrading, replacing, building rigs. We have somewhere in the vicinity of 20+/- active members who wheel as frequently as possible. Off the top of my head I don't know of anybody "stockish", but there is always the opportunity to ride along with someone. To become a member we must see you wheel and make sure you are not a complete animal 😉 and can pay attention to spotting and general help.
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 12:04:42 AM »
Welcome Scott, looks like Chuck has answered your questions. We look forward to meeting you.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2019, 12:11:00 PM »
Welcome to JT scott. If you really enjoy wheeling then most likely your rig won’t stay stock for long. One thing of most importance is skid plates. And heavy duty at that. Looking forward to meeting and wheeling with you.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts