The Mud Pit > Wrenching

Fuel cell installation

(1/3) > >>

Swindle:
Hi guys, I’m getting ready to install my fuel cell and have a few questions. Anyone know where I can connect the return line at the engine side? Also do I need to vent the fuel cell and if so, what part do I need?

Thanks

Mr Rock:
A little more info would help or a pic of the cell.

Most likely you will need a roll over valve or you can do the poor mans vent in which you run the line once around the cell and then vent were-ever. This prevents the fuel from spilling out during a rollover...

As for the engine return, if you have multiple vents you only need one so you can use the other for the return.

Swindle:
Thanks Rock. The cell is an eBay special. 3 ports on top. I know one is used for a vent, one for sending fuel and one for return but I’m not sure where to attach the return at the engine. A friend said it attaches to the fuel rail but the 4.0 rail only has one port for supply. I’ll take a look for the roll over valve. Thanks

Swindle:
According to the eBay description, it comes with a roll over vent. It must be on the inside of the tank because I can’t see it

toreadorranger:
It might not have an actual check valve roll over vent, it might just be referring to the third port on top of the cell.  I know my ebay cell was that way.  It called out the two ports up top as a return and vent, but they are just the standard AN fittings, no actual vent valve. 

Like Rock mentioned, seems like the generally accepted method is called 3 sides and down, similar to this

This might help with the return question
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/4-0l-swap-fuel-rail-line-routing-805187/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version