The Mud Pit > Wrenching

Anybody good with exhaust?

(1/3) > >>

calvynandhobbs:
When I put the YJ on the trailer after wheeling last Saturday I noticed the tailpipe resting on the rear axle. I finally crawled under it last night and the exhaust is all screwed up. I was hoping it was just a rear hanger, but I found the rear hanger is fine, but the exhaust is now 6" too short to even reach the rear hanger, the area above the rear axle is pretzeled and pinched in 2 places, the muffler is pulled forward about 4" and against the skid plate, the moon shaped hanger from the down pipe that attaches at the trans is laying on the skid and at least 4" too short to even go into the hanger and the downpipe is almost completely pinched off right at the O2 sensor. The sensor may be the only thing that kept it from completely pinching. I must have hooked the downpipe, where it crosses underneath, on something going backwards.

Something else I have to fix before getting it emissions tested and plated before Mohawk so I can drive it to the trails.

skibum:
Rock must be good at fixing exhaust cuz he fixes his every time he goes wheeling LOL

calvynandhobbs:

--- Quote from: skibum on June 23, 2017, 06:59:29 PM ---Rock must be good at fixing exhaust cuz he fixes his every time he goes wheeling LOL

--- End quote ---
I don't know if that makes him good at it or just practiced because he doesn't fix it right. Lol

JKJon:
Not much help on the exhaust but on the registering, you should be able to register without emissions. I registered mine and still haven't gone. I got the notice for emissions after registering. I will have to pay a late fee, but as long as I do it before my renewal I am good. Can't renew if I don't get it done.

calvynandhobbs:
Jon, was yours registered in CT before you bought it? Mine was last registered in NJ so that's not going to help me. I ordered some exhaust pieces last night. Will probably get down to the barn and remove the current exhaust this morning while it's raining.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version