Author Topic: Spacer Lift kits  (Read 1867 times)

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
Spacer Lift kits
« on: May 14, 2016, 07:32:20 PM »
Just blew out a puck on my TF BB kit.  I know....I know.....I should have known better than buy a BB kit, but wisdom is an accumulation of mistakes.  I just wanted to lay this new lesson of mine out there so others don't have to learn this on their own.  Budget Boost kits suck.  I got mine without shocks and opted for the extensions.  Shockingly enough......I needed shocks, and not the shocks that would have been packaged with a spacer kit, but nice ones, like Fox, Rancho, or like what I just installed.....Bilstein.  The pucks will grenade on you.....mine just did.  Just ordered some Clayton front springs.......who would have thought that 2.5 inches of poly would fracture like a watermelon thrown off a roof!?  In the end all I have left is a rear track bar bracket (not a good one either) rear pucks, brake line brackets (not awesome either), and emptier pockets.  The last vestiges of the Budget boost will last as long as they do, and upgrades will happen as necessary, but the $350 bucks sent to tereflex will never return.  A word to the wise.....stay clear of these things....and to those that have them, be prepared.....you are not done with your lift with this kit alone.  It is best to go big or go home.  Stay with the big names like Poly Performance, Rock Krawler, Currie, Clayton Off Road, EVO...etc.  You are going to those guys in the end anyway.  End of Rant.......That is All.

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
Re: Spacer Lift kits
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2016, 12:52:10 AM »
Hummm I been running that BB for the last 3 years and not a problem. And you see what I do with my rig.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2016, 01:06:40 AM »
Well, maybe I just got unlucky, but that thing blew itself apart pretty good, and I have not wheeled since City Hall this fall.  That little spat of DW I had might have done it in.  I don't want to be misunderstood as downing anybody's lift.  If I came across that way, by no means was it meant so.  But with my rig, I wish I had purchased a more complete higher end lift kit.  In the end, at least up front, that is what I have eventually bought......piece by piece.

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 12:15:25 AM »
Just did the spring swap.  Looks like I was a bit wrong....sort of.  The passenger side seemed to be made of fine china, and the drivers side was like trying to saw through a mil-spec tire!  (yup I used a saw to get it off)  Chances are most BB lifts will be okay if they are like my drivers side.  Looks like the passenger side had gotten hot at some point, but I don't know how.  BTW the Clayton springs are MAGICAL!