Author Topic: I just thought it was death wobble before........now I know what death wobble is  (Read 2761 times)

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
Holy crap!  If you have an 07 to mid 12 JK, the track bar is mounted to your rig with 14mm bolts.  It requires 9/16.  Eventually the mounting holes and bushing sleeves will wallow out......then the wobble.  I thought this was BS internet crap, but my TB is on the deck and my mounting brackets are egg shaped.  Gonna patch her up and order a crap ton of parts that I probably would not have had to if I had known about this sooner.  Additionally, check the torque on all your suspension and steering every oil change and major wheeling event!  DW will make you crap your pants and strongly desire to walk home.

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
New adjustable track bar, lower track bar relocater, drag link flip adaptor, upper track bar brace, and sector shaft brace ordered.  9/16 shouldered grade 8 bolts installed.  Hopefully the bolts are adequate to keep me safely on the road until late next week when the parts come in.  Time for a test drive.

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
new bolts did the trick for now.  No wheeling or more than short trips until parts come in and get installed.

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
Just go faster
ED 2

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Just go faster

I used to have to power through it with my TJ, if it wasn't so bad that it was throwing me toward a ditch. Lol
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
Ya know....I actually thought about speeding up!  I pretty sure it would not have stayed on the road.  The rig has been flighty and "wiggly" after hitting a pot hole or the like.  I have powered through those.......this wasn't like that.  There wasn't gonna be any speeding up.  Just gonna have Synergy painted on the hood.  By the way....any body want some synergy stickers?........I am developing quite a pile.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
I was following rock when he got DW. Was so bad there was smoke coming off the tire. Speeding up was not an option.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline JKSue

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
Holy crap!  If you have an 07 to mid 12 JK, the track bar is mounted to your rig with 14mm bolts.  It requires 9/16.  Eventually the mounting holes and bushing sleeves will wallow out......then the wobble.  I thought this was BS internet crap, but my TB is on the deck and my mounting brackets are egg shaped.  Gonna patch her up and order a crap ton of parts that I probably would not have had to if I had known about this sooner.  Additionally, check the torque on all your suspension and steering every oil change and major wheeling event!  DW will make you crap your pants and strongly desire to walk home.

If it's TRUE DW, like you crap your pants & it only stops when you come to a stop wobble, it's most likely gonna be the trackbar.  Check the bolts, make sure the holes aren't torn up or ovaled out.

*coughcough*

Just kidding - glad you figured it out & hope you get it fixed soon!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
I was following rock when he got DW. Was so bad there was smoke coming off the tire. Speeding up was not an option.

You're probably referring to that trip to Mohawk. We all saw Rock going all over the road. You just happen to get the best view. LOL
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master

You're probably referring to that trip to Mohawk. We all saw Rock going all over the road. You just happen to get the best view. LOL

Who knows when bob saw it, It's happened to me enough times it's no longer a big deal! LOL
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
Finally got parts in yesterday, got half of it installed after work........way better!  Still has some bump steer, doing the high steer mod maybe tomorrow.  As it turns out no body sells 1-3/8 sockets by them selves, or for that matter 7/8 drill bits.  Had to buy complete kits at Harbour Freight, so if anyone needs really big sockets or drill bits, gimmie a yell.