Author Topic: need to borrow a log splitter  (Read 1037 times)

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
need to borrow a log splitter
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:38:03 PM »
My RV got attacked by a large tree last night.  I have a significant amount of fire-wood length logs some of which are almost 2 feet in diameter.  The remains of "groot" the ill-tempered tree are no good to me that big.  If I can borrow a log splitter I'll give you half the wood I split, or any other arrangement is on the table.  Damned thing did a couple thousand dollars in damage to the class A and I cannot wait until it is burned to ashes!  Tree was dead and had termites at the base.  The rest of the wood is decent and dry specifically the wood that tried to crush my condo on wheels!

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: need to borrow a log splitter
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:20:43 PM »
Jason, where do you live? I have one, but I'm right in the middle of splitting myself and have it tied up on Saturdays until probably Thanksgiving.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Magnum Opus

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Queen
Re: need to borrow a log splitter
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 10:38:55 PM »
No worries.  We don't burn wood for heat just camping in the spring and summer.  I'll stack the pieces and we can split it when the seasonal rush of is up.  We can chat about it in a couple of months.  Most of the tree is between 8 and 24 inches in diameter, and has been dead for a while so it probably isn't good for much other than Bon fires.