Author Topic: For Bob and Ed - Built ZJ pics  (Read 1555 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
For Bob and Ed - Built ZJ pics
« on: September 02, 2015, 02:45:59 PM »
Bob and Ed, we were talking about why we don't see as many built ZJs on the trails and I was telling you about my friend Tim's 98 ZJ with the 5.9. Here are a couple pics from our spring 2008 trip to the Badlands before I had moved to CT that summer. He's now sporting the fullsize Bronco that I was showing you pics of last night.

And a couple shots of his current rig out at Silver Lake. He likes going fast more than crawling.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
Re: For Bob and Ed - Built ZJ pics
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2015, 03:53:20 AM »
Mega rear stretch haha.
ED 2

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2015, 04:16:22 AM »
That bronco don't need four-wheel-drive
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2015, 02:22:18 PM »
No it doesn't with 523 CID. Here are a couple things he wrote during his build and then a walk around video he did after finishing it.

Update- Heads are flowed and finally assembled. They flowed 305 cfm on the intake and 188 cfm on the exhaust @ .700 lift. Interestingly enough, my cam with the 1.8 rockers gives me .704. It's a match made in heaven! :lol:
Those numbers put me right around the 63% flow numbers which should really rock & roll. I think 65% is perfect, but I'm not going to spend another minute porting on those things.

All those number equates to 610 HP- at least! The intake is also P&P'd and I just picked up a 1050 Dommi for a mid-summer upgrade. :twisted: I'm really hoping the rest of the upgrades and some tuning gets me north of 650HP by the end of the summer.
Trans is finally done- and runs out great. I ended up going with a Broader Performance full manual reverse valve body. It eliminates the kick-down, vacuum modulator, and governor. It's basically a 3-speed stick without a clutch now and I don't need to worry that there's enough vacuum from the engine to control it.

1994 YJ on 37s