Author Topic: New winter beater.....possible new wheeler as well  (Read 16682 times)

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
Re: New winter beater.....possible new wheeler as well
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2016, 03:01:42 AM »
I've been traveling the past week and a half so I haven't had any time to work on stuff, I did get a short amount of time today after doing some landscape work on the house.  Managed to get a few studs into one of the wheels I screwed up.  Hopefully I can get them buttoned up this week as well as my gears.  I found a lockright for the front axle for cheap so that is getting sent out monday and I believe is the last thing I need for my front axle.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2016, 12:58:23 AM »
Took me a while but gears are done.  just waiting on some smaller parts for the axle and it can all go together. 

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #47 on: May 28, 2016, 11:20:04 PM »
Finished my wheels today, so of course I had to throw them on to see how they are going to look.  Waiting on a new cross pin for my locker and then the axle can go together. 

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: May 29, 2016, 01:24:02 AM »
Those look great on the truck
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #49 on: June 03, 2016, 02:12:22 AM »
Making progress on the 60, Locker is in, kingpins are replaced (all thanks to one very large allen wrench) and lower kingpin bearings and seals are replaced as well.  I welded some inner C gussets on.  Since I had the housing all apart figured now was a great time to do it instead of after I bend one, specially with all the weight up front.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2016, 04:12:32 AM »
Picked up all new wheel bearings and races today along with new studs, napa had to order a new spindle nut set which will be there tomorrow.  So in the mean time I got my hubs and rotors put together with new races and got my spindle bushings, which I happen to have from a D60 build from like 10 years ago so that was handy and the rest of the outers put together.  Rotors and hubs will go on tomorrow and the axle will be finished, finally.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #51 on: June 09, 2016, 03:34:43 AM »
Axle is finally done, I'm a little bummed about leaving next week and having to wait to install it though.  I'll be very glad to get rid of the TTB.  

Side note, I'm not pumped about the G2 hubs I bought, I was trying to be cheap and I don't think they are going to last.  They don't appear to be even as strong as the stock hubs.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 03:36:30 AM by toreadorranger »

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2016, 02:32:17 AM »
I have a set of hubs for a super duty axle I belive they are super winch hubs. I'll double check
ED 2

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
I have a set of hubs for a super duty axle I belive they are super winch hubs. I'll double check

Superduty hubs won't fit I don't think.  I'm going to try these and get a drive flange to carry around as a spare just in case.

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2016, 05:51:09 PM »
Actually warn premiums I'd like to find out if they would fot we can do a test fit ;)
ED 2

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2016, 12:22:11 AM »
sounds good to me.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #56 on: July 06, 2016, 06:00:24 AM »
I haven't had anytime to work on the truck but I did take advantage of some july 4th sales, and picked up a clocking ring for my transfercase, going to try to get it as flat as I can.  I also got a set of Poly bushings for the front leafs and shackles.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2016, 03:16:36 AM »
Finally got tired of looking at the TTB under the truck.

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2016, 03:47:57 AM »
Got my "new" leafs all refurbished.  New poly bushings, center pins and a little cleaning out of the rust from in between them.  Got them on the truck and ready for the axle to go under.  I have a few small things left on the axle, I need to get one last bracket cleaned up and to weld the tubes to the center for a little reassurance. then it can go back in.  If I get enough time it should be sitting back on its own weight by this weekend.  An unexpected plus is the factory Solid axle leafs that I swapped in, appear to add a little bit of lift to the front end as well.

New:

Old:
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:51:01 AM by toreadorranger »

Offline toreadorranger

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #59 on: August 31, 2016, 03:11:52 AM »
Pulled it back apart today and got the ubolt plates all straightened out so the u bolts actually sit flat and clamp the way they are supposed to.  Need to dig the ruffstuff steering kit out of the attic and start measuring and getting that going.

In with the new: