The Mud Pit > Wrenching

New winter beater.....possible new wheeler as well

(1/16) > >>

toreadorranger:
Picked up a new truck from a friend at work.  

1988 F250 7.3L non turbo diesel, 5 speed.  Its a TTB front end truck with a sterling 10.25 rear.  I hate TTB with a passion,  front right tire is already wearing crazy while the other 3 are perfect.  TTB is not worth the effort to keep in good shape.  So I bought a 1986 F350 parts truck.  I looked for just a D60 front but found the whole parts truck for $500 so I cant complain about that.  Swap is very straight forward or at least it should be haha.  the entire front suspension out of the F350 should swap over to my truck and solve alot of my issues.  

Plan is to pull both axles and suspension out of the F350 and swap them over to my truck.  Going to sort through the D60 first and freshen it up.  Im also on the lookout for a set of H1 pulloffs with the 37" michelins on them, I know they arent the best tires but it still will see alot of road duty and they are cheap.

DirtyJeep92:
If you want full size turd beater just trade Mitch for his SAS f150. He needs a new tow rig :)

toreadorranger:
Some pictures I grabbed of the parts truck today, going to start tearing it down this weekend.  Truck is a 86 with a 460 BBF and C6 trans.

Kingpin D60

toreadorranger:
Finally got the D60 out, It was raining rust on me every time I tried to work on the truck.  It really didn't like the impact.  I had so much rust in my hair when I was finally done.  My wife was not happy with the rust in the shower, haha.

toreadorranger:
Plan is to pull the motor and trans out of the parts truck next.  Just going to sell them but they should hopefully pay for the front axle rebuild.  Going to pull the rear axle as well, It will be for sale as well.  My truck has 4.10 gears and these are 3.55's so Im going to swap a set of 4.10s into the front axle and keep my stock rear axle.  Anyone have a set of HP D60 4.10 gears?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version