Author Topic: Rock Sliders  (Read 2415 times)

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
  • 98 Cherokee 4.5in on 33's
Rock Sliders
« on: September 28, 2014, 01:15:15 AM »
Had a blast today everyone.  Anyone know of any shops or people who could do rock sliders/welding? My stock ones got a tad smushed  ::) haha
I was able to find a beefy ZJ V8 tie rod, connecting sleeve and end for like 80 bucks to replace the one I bent today too thankfully

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Rock Sliders
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2014, 02:25:14 AM »
I had JCR Stage II sliders on my XJ and loved them. I'm pretty sure that's what Mitch had on his XJ also.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2014, 03:38:55 AM »
They discontinued the stage 2 and 1 sliders from JCR :( I loved my stage 2's on my xj. I'd recommend them any day of the week. I don't know any shops locally that would be able to do it.... but mine held up on the radio flyer today 2x3 3/16s and 2x2 3/16s with 3/16s plate for the frame.
1991 Samurai, 1.3 TBI, 35" KM2's, full 2 1/4" exhaust, SOA, RUF, Trail Tough Belly Skid, 5k Winch, Locked front and rear, GRS-2 transfer case gears (4.89:1 low), Built front axle with trusses, guards, gussets and birfield rings, Shrockworks gas tank skid, junk body and not much of a top.

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 06:10:55 PM »
Lol radio flyer.  Okay though, I'll get it done one way or another.  I'll call around and see what my options are.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 07:41:41 PM »
I didn't know they had discontinued the Stage II sliders. Looks like they replaced them with what they call "Classic Sliders" now and those Crusader sliders are really slick. It's been a while since I've been to their page, but looks like they are doing more stuff for XJs than what they used to. Here's a link to their XJ parts section.

http://www.jcroffroad.com/category/XJ.html

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2014, 08:55:04 PM »
I'm relatively familiar with their products. I really like their quarter panel armor.

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2014, 10:03:36 PM »
I'm relatively familiar with their products. I really like their quarter panel armor.
It works great I had it on my xj, if you get it make sure you get rub rails on them, I had a couple times were I hit the quarter guards and while they do work, Its a little uncomfortable being that close to a tree with a piece of glass that close.
1991 Samurai, 1.3 TBI, 35" KM2's, full 2 1/4" exhaust, SOA, RUF, Trail Tough Belly Skid, 5k Winch, Locked front and rear, GRS-2 transfer case gears (4.89:1 low), Built front axle with trusses, guards, gussets and birfield rings, Shrockworks gas tank skid, junk body and not much of a top.

Offline DirtyJeep92

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • 96 XJ HP44/9" 37s chopped caged.
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 01:52:23 PM »
I second the ice sliders I have the stage 2s on mine and I best the shots out of them. Literally. I got them used beat up and dented and what not. But they hold up great! The rear mount ties into the spring perch so that's added strength there also. Or you can go the custom route. Cut out rockers install some 2x6 box and make outrigers that weld to your frame rails Make sure you have mid stiffeners. That's Probly your strongest route. Plus you gain about 3-4 inches of clearence
ED 2

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 03:09:37 PM »
I second the ice sliders I have the stage 2s on mine and I best the shots out of them. Literally. I got them used beat up and dented and what not. But they hold up great! The rear mount ties into the spring perch so that's added strength there also. Or you can go the custom route. Cut out rockers install some 2x6 box and make outrigers that weld to your frame rails Make sure you have mid stiffeners. That's Probly your strongest route. Plus you gain about 3-4 inches of clearence

If you don't mind a little fab work the boxed rockers is great, when I did it I gained a ton of clearance, but if you go that route, ATTACH THE SLIDERS TO THE VERTICAL SECTION OF FLOOR INSIDE THE ROCKER! I put my jcr stage 2's in place of my rocker and it stiffened the rig up a bit also, but I hit them a couple times pretty good and even with them tied into my stiffeners they still twisted and made it almost impossible to open the door. Roger knows from riding with me at btc lol. 

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 09:28:30 PM »
I'm not super picky about it, my main concern is just finding someone to do it, and hopefully do it right!

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2014, 03:57:18 AM »
Just found these and I must say thats a great idea, Stiffeners (if you don't already have them, YOU NEED THEM IF YOU LIKE HOW YOUR DOORS SEAL TO THE BODY) and sliders for a great price. I'd go with the XJ1's

http://www.detoursusa.com/xjrokslyders.php

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2014, 08:51:04 PM »
I love detours, the issue is that my pinch lip (well the whole stock rocker area) is ruined.  I'm getting custom sliders installed at SVE performance in New Haven for 750, it was cheaper than I expected so I went for it. ::)