Author Topic: Satan's Kingdom- New Hartford  (Read 1028 times)

Offline 98xj

• Mudd Hog
  • 98 Cherokee 4.5in on 33's
Satan's Kingdom- New Hartford
« on: July 10, 2014, 04:17:10 PM »
I took a trip up to Satan's Kingdom (Farmington river area)  this past Monday and Tuesday for a little camping trip with my Gf, there were some pretty decent trails up there. There was a thick mud pit at one end and a mild difficulty rock climb at the other, I was able to get through most of the trip in 2wd. There are several interlinking trails all throughout, I would describe it as a 4x4 training course almost because there are all kinds of terrain at all kinds of difficulty. For example I couldn't make it up a certain climb alone because my open diffs wouldn't grip. The campsite was cool because you couldn't access it without a 4x4 and allowed for some  pretty nice uninterrupted nature time lol. I was a little appalled at the amount of garbage around the area, I picked up at least a medium sized trash bags worth at our site alone. Not really any point to this post, just thought I'd give a little update/review.
If anyone is looking for a fun getaway with a little trail riding and exploring it was defiantly  a worth while trip. The people there are so nice and since we were right on the water we could go tubing all day long!