Author Topic: 03 rubicon in search of headers...anyone have a brand they really like?  (Read 1653 times)

Offline Rubi-rocker03

• Trail Passenger
Hey...so my stock exhaust manifold has a leak. Does anyone have a set of headers that are easy to install and "price efficient"? List name and where I can find it, and any instAll tips.
Thanks!!!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
There are many brands of exhaust manifolds out there. Some come with better warrentees than others. They are all a header style and they all crack in the same place. Chrysler updated the manifold with flex joints on the pipes of #1 and #6. Only issue is its around $600.Not sure the aftermarket followed this new design. No real install tips. Just follow the manual. Intake must be removed. Its 1 big gasket for intake and exhaust to cylinder head.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
I think the last header I installed was for a CJ7. I bought a Pace Setter and it worked great. I know there are several brands out there. I would just search for headers, write down the brands and then search for reviews in a 2003 Rubicon and see what pops up. There may be others in the club, like Bob, that has more experience with them and can probably provide you with a direction.

Edit:  Looks like Bob was typing the same time I was.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline kirksjeep

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • It's hip to be square (headlights) !
The ceramic coating is worth the price in New England.  My bro-in-law had a set of Borla headers on his 4 banger and he was cracking them every 25K miles (2 years) right where they all came togher.  Borla replaced them no questions asked, but his Jeep was down while he shipped the old ones back and had to wait for the new ones. 
1992 YJ Sahara, 4.5 Rubicon Express ED Lift, 35" BFG MT, Custom Bumpers, SYE/CV Drive Shaft, OBA, Ford 8.8 rear, 4.10 gears, tie rod flip, 1"MML/BL
2002 KJ Liberty, 2" Lift, 31" tires/DD
2002 F-150 Harley Davidson 5.4L SC
2013 Explorer Sport
2006 Harley Road King Classic
1988 Honda Hawk GT