Author Topic: I CAN SEE!!!  (Read 2781 times)

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
I CAN SEE!!!
« on: February 13, 2008, 12:04:48 AM »
About four hours ago, i FINALLY got my PRK surgery (photo refractive karetomitry, similar to LASIK).  the pain hasn't started yet, adn i can still look at the computer for a min or to at a time, but i fully expect tonight to be painful.  Keep me in your prayers for the next couiple of days, if you would.

Immediatly after i left the OR, i could see much better than before.  I wont' be perfect for a week, or up to a few months, but no more glasses!!!!! 

I hope to see y'all soon
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
Re: I CAN SEE!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 01:02:40 AM »
nice
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 01:03:16 AM »
THAT'S GREAT NEWS! 

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2008, 02:46:35 AM »
Congrats, and get well soon!  I hope I can do that before I leave here.  I would love to not have to wear glasses or contacts.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline Doball

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2008, 02:52:14 AM »
Outstanding! I'm glad you have the balls to do it. I got my chit signed by Capt Swan a year ago, but never sent it in. Congrats!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 04:04:29 AM »
send it in.  it wasn't bad, and i haven't developed the pain everyone said happens. (at least not yet).  Some people make it w/o pain, at least thats what he doc said.  I'm praying i'm one of thoes :D
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2008, 04:13:17 AM »
if not, theres things to cure that ;D, congrats and good luck!
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2008, 12:34:55 PM »
It is going to feel like getting poked in the eye until thurs night and friday good to go. I did and it is well worth the little pain involved. Plus they give you numbing drops. Suck it up sir, it's worth it. I suggest everyone that wears glasses in the Navy put in for the surgery.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008, 02:47:57 PM »
as of this morning, no pain, very minimal discomfort (only feels like i've got an eye lash in my eye occasioinaly), my light sensitivity is minimal (i'm watchint TV, using the computer, etc w/ lights on).    Everyone should get this done!

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 02:54:55 PM »
that's awesome!
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline mallcrawl

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
I'm too short to qualify for the surgery

Offline Kral4me

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2008, 03:47:58 PM »
That's so friggin awesome! You are very lucky about the little pain part. Seriously....I had LASEK (paid for myself thank you lol) a few years ago. The procedure is a little different (they scrape away a layer of cells THEN do the laser shit...and recovery was immensely painful for 4 days) BUT I remember

1) waking up in the middle of the night, seeing immediately what time the clock said it was, and not having to scramble for glasses as I staggered out of bed and into a dead run to see to a screaming child

2) being able to shave my legs for the first time in the shower without contacts getting soap and water in them (bite me, I know you guys don't have to worry about it, but trust me, shaving without having to first put on contacts or glasses was awesome)

3) Taking the top off my jeep and not ever having to worry about eyes watering from sand and blinking out a contact (LOL), or even going to the beach and diving for once without having to wear my contacts, and worrying about what happens if I have to clear my mask.

Stupid little stuff, but man not having to worry about it anymore makes it all that much sweeter.

CONGRATS!!! Let us know when you stop bumping into stuff *grins*
~J.D.~
"When life gets too hard to stand....crawl."

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2008, 05:12:45 PM »
congrats jeremy.

i was wondering where you were on sun night. but jason let me know and i was happy to hear that everything can together for you to get it done.

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 05:08:31 AM »
hey
are you in perryville md?

I'm in a ramada, and the exit said v.a. Med ctr

Pretty funny if you're right down the road.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 02:27:54 PM »
bethesda, md.  just off "medical center" stop on the metro red line

if you are near, call me.