Author Topic: Midwestern Wheeling  (Read 1628 times)

Offline rwollschlager

• Trail Passenger
Midwestern Wheeling
« on: September 23, 2013, 07:02:14 AM »
I'm starting my fourth year going to school in Omaha, NE and had yet to do any wheeling or find any local trails until this weekend. My friend got a new job this summer and bought himself a new jeep j/k to celebrate. This past weekend we had the chance to meet up with the club "Just Jeeps of Omaha" for some wheeling at Timber Ridge park in Castana Iowa for one of their few weekends they're open to the public a year. The terrain is a rare glacial silt deposited along the Missouri river, very dusty and easily erodible, the only other place in the world a similar dirt is found is the Yangtze river valley in China. It was mostly woodsy trails and lots of steep and off camber climbs, fairly not damaging, but super fun. It was my friends first time ever off roading and it was great to see him turn purple as he negotiated his first climb and tight turns etc. Though no rovers showed up, it was a great experience.
here is a link to the rest of my pictures:https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151578318291886.1073741832.646291885&type=1&l=3d11a1e594

-Rob

-Rob

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: Midwestern Wheeling
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 06:43:21 PM »
Thanks for the Pic's, it's nice to see other parts of the country!

Doesn't look like the TJ made out too good though!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Midwestern Wheeling
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 04:37:01 AM »
Minor damage. I have seen YJ's with worse damage and still wheeling. Need I say who's. lol
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts