Author Topic: Leaf Spring Shackles help  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Exploder94

• Trail Passenger
Leaf Spring Shackles help
« on: July 01, 2013, 01:23:47 PM »
So I just picked up a set of Warrior 153 shackles and a polyurethane bushing set but the bushing set is too large for the new shackles.  Is this just something that I trim down the bushings and the bolt sleeve to fit or do I need to get a different set of bushings? Any help?

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Leaf Spring Shackles help
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 02:46:57 PM »
Are the bushings the correct circumference for going into the leaf spring? Is it only the length of the sleeve and the bushing? If it is only the length you can trim the bushing and sleeve, but you want to make sure you cut a straight line. Sometimes they can be tight and you have to tap them with a hammer to get them in place. Also, make sure your leaf spring is not twisted at all and preventing to line up correctly. Are you a member at ExplorerForums? They have a couple write ups on there about installing the Warrior 153 shackles.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Exploder94

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 03:06:20 AM »
I'll check out their forum and see what they say, according to warrior the bushings should fit and they came as replacements from LMc truck.  Might just end up cutting them down.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 03:47:51 PM »
If warrior says those are the correct bushings they should be. They probably just need a little persuasion. I'm still a member over at Explorerforum from when I wheeled my 92 Exploder. I hadn't been on their site in several years though, but I found a write up on the warrior 153 shackles pretty quickly. You can also just google it and it should come up and you can read it as a guest.
1994 YJ on 37s