Author Topic: Let the Games Begin  (Read 4226 times)

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
Re: Let the Games Begin
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2013, 02:20:27 AM »
Or you can do what I just finished doing and use a Dremel tool with a cutting disc and cut it off. ;D ;D  The new pitman arm is now on and we are starting to install parts from the kit.  more to follow

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2013, 03:34:52 AM »
stopping for the night. nothing seems to want to go right. If I don't finish by Tomorrow then I may call out from work and will be asking for help from youy guys on Saturday.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2013, 08:49:27 AM »
You need to get this thing done. I would do leave it alone and just leave the current pitman arm on it and get everything else done. I had 3.5" of lift in my TJ and had to remove an extended pitman arm because it caused death wobble. Going back to stock was much better. You may not need it and at least that will allow you to work on everything else and get be able to drive it.

Very True, But the only way to get it off is to put a puller on it with some tension and then take a heavy hammer (up to 3lb) and beat on the pitman arm where it attaches to the steering box, a few solid raps, and by solid, I mean full swing hits,  and it should pop off.

and add a little heat to the arm
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 10:24:18 PM »
Okay.  I am going to work tonight but I am calling out a work party for tomorrow for club members. I am going to start working on the jeep again at 2pm. I sleep from 8:30 to 1:30. My dilemma is trying to get the springs on. I have a compressor but the bump stop and the post it is mounted on get in the way of the tool. I hope to see you there and will buy pizza for lunch for anyone who shows up. I hope to see you.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2013, 03:50:30 AM »
Pull the rubber bouncer and unscrew the cup, drop the entire axle and the springs should slide off and on.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2013, 05:09:53 AM »
Chuck, I can come by tomorrow afternoon and give you a hand.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2013, 07:31:09 AM »
Thank you. I am going to take Footman's advice and drop the axel. I need to get this finished by Sunday. I expect that the rear will go faster and that is most likely my downfall.

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2013, 12:27:35 AM »
Thank you to Roger for giving me a hand today. We banged and cut and twisted and hammered some more and cut more and just cant remove the lower control arms. I am going to try again tomorrow but not sure where to go from here. Roger may bring over a cutting wheel to attack the arms with. Why am I doing this?????

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 03:48:44 PM »
How's the progress coming Chuck?
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2013, 02:14:24 AM »
I have got the passenger side LCA cut off but am having difficulties with the driver side. The diff is in the way.