Author Topic: Roger's YJ Project  (Read 1281 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Roger's YJ Project
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:05:04 PM »
I figured that if Rock can have a build thread I can have one too. LOL Mine's going to take me quite a while with all the other things I have going on, but it has started.

The day I brought it home.

Storage for the past 3 months with Miata parked behind it. I had to move the axles on the sawhorses just to open the door to move it out last week. Everything is now reorganized so I can start work.

Where it sits currently

I've sold the original wheels/tires, extra drivetrain, soft top and front fenders. Somewhere on the floor in there is a Super35 w/4.88 gears and Detroit going in, but not until I do a disk brake conversion on it. There's also a matching D30 with a lock-rite. I've got flat fenders sitting upstairs that will be going on after I do some clean up. Going to continue to strip it, clean any rust and put it all back together. Also need to take SYE out of a spare t-case and put it into the one in the YJ so I can remove the tcase drop. Lots of work and hours needed in the barn for a while.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:19:07 PM by calvynandhobbs »
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Roger's YJ Project
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 02:51:39 AM »
Tonight I took the plow and chains off the tractor so it's ready to haul the splitter around the yard and haul wood this summer. I also go the disk brake backing plates off the Grand Cherokee D35. Now I can get the cleaned up and take the Super35 apart to swap the backing plates around. Hopefully get that done tomorrow.

Anybody that needs a Grand Cherokee D35 for the ABS axles shafts or whatever else. It's behind the barn on a pallet of scrap metal under the staircase. I should have looked to see what gearing it was, but the gears looked great. There's just no brakes on it anymore.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Roger's YJ Project
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 05:19:24 AM »
Looking good Roger. Hope to see you and the Jeep on the trails this summer.

I should start my own thread also because my jeep has been off the road for 2 months and will be for a few more. Sucks cuz it is my DD. Good thing my father inlaw has a spare car. ::)
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts