Author Topic: computer geek needed  (Read 1590 times)

Offline reg

• Trail Master
computer geek needed
« on: February 06, 2008, 10:57:01 PM »
so i have a hp laptop and the speakers are not working.  I have checked and rechecked the settings and even did the online trouble shooting guide and they still do not work..  usally whe i mute the speakers they show 'mute' in the lower right corner, but the last time i muted them as i was shutting down and 'mute' apeared in the bottom center of the screen.  HELP  It's a HP pavilion running MS Media ed.

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
Re: computer geek needed
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 11:35:40 PM »
go to your device manager and see if the driver for the speakers is still loaded.  If it is corrupt you may need to download it from HP again install it.  Usually drivers are free.  Also just do the dumby checks, make sure the volume is turned on and that at the bottom of the master volume controll isn't muted.  If you go to start menu, accessories, and go to your volume selection or whatever it is called see if any of the other volume controls got turned down accidentally.  These are all main problems.  More so the later ones BUT I have personaly had device drives get corrupted.  If you go to HP's site you can chat with a live technician that get paid to do just this kind of thing.

Here is a shortcut to the driver and software download page on HP.com
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp%2Fhhoslp%2Fsplit%2Fdrivers

Just under the radio button that is selected to "download drivers and software (firmware)" there is a selection for support and trouble shooting information.  That is usually where you will find the live tech.  You will need your product name and/or number for this support.  It should be located on the computer somewhere.

Hope this helps.
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 11:45:21 PM »
go to your device manager and see if the driver for the speakers is still loaded.  If it is corrupt you may need to download it from HP again install it.  Usually drivers are free.  Also just do the dumby checks, make sure the volume is turned on and that at the bottom of the master volume controll isn't muted.  If you go to start menu, accessories, and go to your volume selection or whatever it is called see if any of the other volume controls got turned down accidentally.  These are all main problems.  More so the later ones BUT I have personaly had device drives get corrupted.  If you go to HP's site you can chat with a live technician that get paid to do just this kind of thing.

Here is a shortcut to the driver and software download page on HP.com
http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html?pageDisplay=drivers&jumpid=in_R329_prodexp%2Fhhoslp%2Fsplit%2Fdrivers

Just under the radio button that is selected to "download drivers and software (firmware)" there is a selection for support and trouble shooting information.  That is usually where you will find the live tech.  You will need your product name and/or number for this support.  It should be located on the computer somewhere.

Hope this helps.

i did the first part... thanks for the techniction info though.  I'll try that.  thanks.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 03:54:04 AM »
nice avitar.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:53:10 PM »
so yeah, i am completly clue less. any luck reg?

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 04:49:20 AM »
my onboard speakers are shot   >:(

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2008, 07:44:06 PM »
wooof!!

sorry to hear