Author Topic: Jeep Cherokee Build  (Read 2039 times)

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
Jeep Cherokee Build
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »
So i decided to swap my axles out so i could have 3.55s instead of 3.07s and also go my hands on some other parts like skid plates hd cross member rear bumper and some other things. figure i make this thread so people could see the work im doing. I have almost finished the rear and ill be moving onto the front soon and skid plates and few other things. more pics soon
Old rear axle with 3.07s

tomken engine/tranny skid

Rear axle with 3.55s back in and repainted the rear bumper

Messing around with paint

Before the axles out

Axle is out

New axle for the jeep

Tomken engine/tranny skid on

Swapped my hatch to my black one

No more bent tie rods

New 8.25 yoke

Front diff cleaned and locker installed

HD diff back on with new lube locker

Custom HD cross member i made and tranny skid mounted to it

Axle back in new tie rod and ends
« Last Edit: March 14, 2013, 05:32:11 AM by Carfreek458 »
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
Re: Jeep Cherokee mods
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:19:38 PM »
I like the rear bumper. Beefy ;D
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 11:24:09 PM »
Thanks i like it alot just wish it came with the tire carrier.
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 03:21:41 AM »
Thanks i like it alot just wish it came with the tire carrier.

I like that rear bumper too. All you need is some 2x2 square tubing and with a little cutting and welding you could build a swing-out. Looks like it was set up with a swing-out at one time. Scott and I built this bumper for my XJ and it turned out really good.

1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 03:49:26 AM »
Yes it had one at one point guy said someone stole it or something and its made by Rock Hard. But when i have some money ill buy some metal but will need help making it.

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 07:56:03 PM »

I like that rear bumper too. All you need is some 2x2 square tubing and with a little cutting and welding you could build a swing-out. Looks like it was set up with a swing-out at one time. Scott and I built this bumper for my XJ and it turned out really good.

Great bumper.  Nice looking latch setup.  Well done!
Greg
Model Citizen