Author Topic: great winch prices  (Read 6303 times)

Offline Axle

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • Merica!!!
Re: great winch prices
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2008, 01:55:56 PM »
Congrats, Rocket!  One of these days I'll be able to join the winch ranks.

Is it the XRC-8?  If so, I will be interested to see how she holds up on the trails.  I was also looking at that one.
Axle:  2
Nemesis: 1

I win!

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
  • That is what i call, "Flexing"
    • my webshots photo site - lots of wheeling pics!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2008, 02:08:39 PM »
It is the XRC-8.  I read as much in random forums as i could find about it.  only 2 complaints i noticed:

1. its slow.  i can deal with that.  i dont' think i need toxic speed (warn) for what i do.
2. big, ugly sticker on it.  who cares?

everyone says it works well, and hasn't failed them.  and if it breaks after 2 years, i'll get another one, or rebuild it.  I'll still be ahead vice buying a name-brand one.
1973 Chevy El Camino: 383 sb, lots of power
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline albsvx

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2008, 02:59:34 PM »
that's everything I've heard from multiple sources as well.

it's not the right winch if you plan on always being the good Samaritan trail leader who winches every rig over an obstacle, but if you're just looking to get yourself or the rig behind you out of a jam from time to time, it's worth the price.
1988 Jeep Wrangler Sahara - 4.0, TF-999, NP-231, Dana 30 Truetrac, Dana 44 Detroit Locker, 4.88s, on 35"s

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2008, 05:05:10 PM »
Thats all i'm looking to do.  I'll help when i can, but i don't plan on being like dave and winching 10 rigs at a time.
2004 Toyota Tacoma TRD 3.4L xtra cab 2.5" skyjacker coilovers/leafs, 32x11.5-15" Super Swamper TSL/SXs, Bent-up front bumper, smittybilt winch, 4xInovations sliders, Bud-built skids, custom rear bumper/light bar, hella lights, "custom" body work

Offline One-Eye

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • JT4x4
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2008, 06:21:06 PM »
I just ordered my winch.  The smittybilt one from winch depot.  :D :D  I can't wait to fill that hole!

Now I know someone else saw this and that I am not the only one.  Can't be.  I mean it is just too perfect.  No, no, it is too easy.  I will just leave it alone.

Congrats on the winch.  Uuumm so like I'm stuck in the mud, could you come and get me?
JT4x4 Founding Member

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 06:29:06 PM »
I just ordered my winch.  The smittybilt one from winch depot.  :D :D  I can't wait to fill that hole!

Now I know someone else saw this and that I am not the only one.  Can't be.  I mean it is just too perfect.  No, no, it is too easy.  I will just leave it alone.

Congrats on the winch.  Uuumm so like I'm stuck in the mud, could you come and get me?

sometimes i just have to put something out, if for no other reason than to see if y'all acutally read my posts!  LOL

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 08:02:23 PM »
i refrained actually. i was handing them out all night at the meeting. so i figured i'd cool it for a bit.

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 09:44:39 PM »
i appreciate it!

Ok, so as not to start another thread, I had been seriously thinking of getting the all pro bolt-on sliders.  they are on sale from 350 to 300.  If i found out i needed to weld them, i could (or get scott/doball to).  I then found out shipping is $115!!  Other shipping quotes i got were about the same for other sliders, and based on weight, they aren't trying to rip me off.  WabFab makes a kit: DOM, 80", rear kick-out where the legs/plates/gussets all have to be welded.  The kit is 220 plus 70 shipping.  I'm thinking that may be the better way to go.  Scott and his welder can do the welding (already talked to him).  any opinions? (stupid question on this forum, i know :D

Also, Scott might be able to help me build a bed bar to mount reverse lights and hi-lift, scheduel depending.  It will be similar to the one on ATArmor.com  it will have mounting spots for hi-lift, lights, and antennas.

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 09:48:54 PM »
well 4xinnovations i only paid 165 for everything, and it only took a few hours to get them welded on.

Offline reg

• Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 11:13:14 PM »

too easy, back when I was newer to the game I would have commented on that.  But that was too easy it wouldn't have been fun.  ;D

HAHAHAHAHA HE SAID "FILL A HOLE"

Offline ToxicTurtle

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2008, 03:23:33 PM »
I'd check out Rock Hard Off Road. Talk to Jamon. He's doing up an exo on the Turtle. He can set you up with some nice stuff. he runs a white 4Runner. www.rockhardoffroad.com
They are located in Wallingford, CT about 3 minutes from my garage.

Talk soon,
Dave Brill
What, you don't know who I am??

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2008, 04:40:07 AM »
great web site!!!!!!!!!

e-mailed them for a front bumper

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #27 on: February 18, 2008, 09:13:40 PM »
Its here!  my smittbult winch just came in :D:D  now to get it on. . .

Offline HOT-ROD

• Trail Master
« Reply #28 on: February 18, 2008, 11:31:11 PM »
pic's?

Offline rocket

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 03:50:52 AM »
Here are the pics:

Installed, finally!

I had to fab a bracet to move the mounting location of the relays up and forward so the grill would fit back on.  it still needs paint, i know.  The wires were pre-connected and I don't have the proper gage wire to hide the box under the hood.  I'll get to it someday (about the time i rig up a cab control switch) :)  there is a perfect place by the master cylinder.

I still needed a license plate here in CT, so some mag light mounting clips and 2 framing gussets (got the idea from TTORA)

the remote even lights up!

the winch and bumper add 10" to the front of my truck!

Lets Go wheeling!!