Author Topic: jeep going under the plasma cutter:)  (Read 4304 times)

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
Re: jeep going under the plasma cutter:)
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2013, 09:40:44 PM »
I always tried to set a deadline to be finished by, never written in stone though as I would rather do good work than rush it through, patience is not one of my strong points so I would work on a little something each time and break the project down into smaller goals. Really the one thing no one has mentioned is that you guys have your priorities all messed up ;D

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »
These late nights are taking a toll:)  I really thought I'd be driving the Jeep into work today.  Everything is installed (no wheels and track bars) but not tightened.  I'm hoping to tighten everthing up today and get it back on own weight.  Then I have to do an alighnment, well maybe I'll drive it next year:)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2013, 08:27:10 AM »
LOL
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Done and drove to work today ;D
Are any of you guys really good at alignments/pinion angles?  I did mine late last night, theres nothing really jumping out at me as being terribly wrong but I'm sure it could use some fine tuning.

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 03:24:20 PM »
so I took the jeep out yesterday for her maiden rock voyage.  Made the big climb up into the trail, no problem.  Then the lockers disengaged and I couldn’t get climb the next set of rocks.  10ft in and I was stuck.  Corroded battery terminal was the culprit, was a quick fix and I was heading further into the rocks.  It was a great test-drive, the Jeep was AWESOME!  I conquered 2 obstacles that I haven’t done before, one was a real BP moment  I did have to pull the winch line twice, didn’t feel like breaking  it now that its taken me a year to get it out of the garage.  One last obstacle and I’m safely back in the driveway, wouldn’t you know it, totally stuck and completely disregarding my last statement about breaking it.    Well I was trying this way and that way with no luck, some smoke was lightly seeping from under the hood so I shut it down.  Now I don’t have spark.  The rotor and cap were all charred inside on the contacts.   I’m going to try new and see if that’s the culprit.
Damage from my own back yard: jeep wont run, bent new Currie tie rod, punched a hole in new steering stabilizer, cracked the unbreakable MCE front fender, dented the hood and I’m sure there’s some damage underneath. 
I need to trade this hobby for hotrodding

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2013, 02:50:59 PM »
Never wheel W/O a spotter
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2013, 08:39:18 PM »
So true but I just had to get out and try the upgrades.   ;D

BTW, I sent MCE a pictute of their broken unbreakable fender.  Their reply was, I am the first to break the GenII fenders and the replacement will be shipped on tuesday.  Now thats customer service
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 08:41:15 PM by footman »

Offline footman

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2013, 12:38:30 AM »
So Mitch was right, the CPS was burned up.  The jeep is now running.  The old CPS had a gasket that was burned up and brittle and the new one didn't come with it.  Does anyone "Mitch" know where I can get that? 
Next problem, power steering only works to the right.  Any ideas?

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2013, 02:49:51 AM »
Sounds like you have air in the system.  If the steering was low on fluid and you got it on an angle, it'd be possible you sucked some air into it.

Simple fix there is to turn the wheel lock to lock multiple times and see if you start to get it back as the air cycles back through the system.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.