Re: Lift
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2011, 03:36:53 AM »
I'll keep that in mind

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2011, 03:54:23 AM »
absolutly agree also some pb blaster in the right spot it always a solid idea.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2011, 04:19:08 AM »
Always put everything together with Never seize Grease because you never no when your going to have to take it apart again. Thats including EVERY nut & bolt. Just 1 or 2 winters with the calscium & salt there using on the roads & nuts,bolts,splines & anything else that is metal to metal can & WILL rust together causing you to use many choice words trying to take it apart. Ever synce I bought my jeep I will go around the jeep when it's up on the lift & just remove nuts & bolts to smear the crap out of them with Never Seize Grease just so years down the road they won't give me a hassel. Not done yet but gettin there. Only have had the Jeep for 1 1/2 yrs.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
He needs my stock pitman so were just swapping  them as long as my drag link plays nice and let's go it should be quick

The last stock pitman arm I removed broke 3 pitman arm pullers before it came off, and it took a day and a half of soaking in PB Blaster.  That was on a 2005 TJ so it wasn't some old YJ.  I have pulled about 5 or 6 of them and I have had about a 50/50 shot of them being "Easy."  Good Luck.
Not shure you tryed this but a good trick is when you think your puller is to the point of braking then while the puller is still on at full pressure try hitting the pitman arm with a hammer right at the area where the pitman arm & splines meet. Has worked for me every time. It just needs some shock treatment.

X3,  always worked for me on my old YJ's, even on an old rust bucket waggy, tighten up the pulled and a bunch of wacks from a BFH and it pops off. never taken me more than a few minutes, although I have had to walk away and let my arm rest a couple of times! lol
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2011, 01:14:08 PM »
Extended brake lines in