Author Topic: Lift  (Read 8310 times)

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
Re: Lift
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2011, 09:23:13 PM »
just highline it and run 35's and call it a day
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2011, 10:19:37 PM »
yo noob, chill out with the harsh words and foul language like skyjacker. fabtech and procomp and super lift. Eewwwey. Those are ugly words too. I have to say, i'm with runningtrails on this one, and then some. You should seriously consider Rock Krawler, Clayton, TNT customs, and (if they ever re=open thier shop) Rubicon express, and maybe even Teraflex.  I know, i priced them all myself as well, and your new to the game, so i understand. Oooh, bright shiny red coil springs.  Dont buy based on the fact that they post there crap in every magazine  on the shelf.  You wont find any mallcrawler adds in any mag for clayton, rock krawler or tnt; Rubicon Express does advertise, but they deserve to.  You may spend less at first, but you will regret it in he long run.  The 5 GOOD brands that i called out, will have an unmatched amount of quality that the other run of the mill brands could not even come close to.  Pluss, if and when, you are unsatisfied with or you break something (you eventully will) these "Jeep Only" gurus are much more able to and willing to help and taylor orders to you needs. Save your self the time and money and headache by doing it right with quality parts the first time. That includes Shocks as well. I recommend nothing less than Bilstien's. Personally i would go with simple FOX 2.0 SHOX. there a little pricey, but they are totally rebuildable, and will probably outlast the tranny.   ;D .  Oh and if you mention Rough Country, I will fly back to providence, drive to Groton. and burn you Rubi to the ground myself.  Dont mean to sound a little blunt, but i feel like i caught you tip-toeing towards alot of headaches. You have a Rubi, wheel it like hell, but with good parts. ok newbie? ok.  Just my $.02   :P

Best $.02 ever. lol.

"Expensive" for a TJ. $600 + paint. At 5.5" w/ flat fenders, I run 35s and rub the inner well at full flex.
Living in Preston. Call me if you're going wheeling!

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2011, 10:51:19 PM »
yo noob, chill out with the harsh words and foul language like skyjacker. fabtech and procomp and super lift. Eewwwey. Those are ugly words too. I have to say, i'm with runningtrails on this one, and then some. You should seriously consider Rock Krawler, Clayton, TNT customs, and (if they ever re=open thier shop) Rubicon express, and maybe even Teraflex.  I know, i priced them all myself as well, and your new to the game, so i understand. Oooh, bright shiny red coil springs.  Dont buy based on the fact that they post there crap in every magazine  on the shelf.  You wont find any mallcrawler adds in any mag for clayton, rock krawler or tnt; Rubicon Express does advertise, but they deserve to.  You may spend less at first, but you will regret it in he long run.  The 5 GOOD brands that i called out, will have an unmatched amount of quality that the other run of the mill brands could not even come close to.  Pluss, if and when, you are unsatisfied with or you break something (you eventully will) these "Jeep Only" gurus are much more able to and willing to help and taylor orders to you needs. Save your self the time and money and headache by doing it right with quality parts the first time. That includes Shocks as well. I recommend nothing less than Bilstien's. Personally i would go with simple FOX 2.0 SHOX. there a little pricey, but they are totally rebuildable, and will probably outlast the tranny.   ;D .  Oh and if you mention
 Rough Country, I will fly back to providence, drive to Groton. and burn you Rubi to the ground myself.  Dont mean to sound a little blunt, but i feel like i caught you tip-toeing towards alot of headaches. You have a Rubi, wheel it like hell, but with good parts. ok newbie? ok.  Just my $.02   :P

Best $.02 ever. lol.

"Expensive" for a TJ. $600 + paint. At 5.5" w/ flat fenders, I run 35s and rub the inner well at full flex.

lol if I wasnt in the military and didnt know what just happened id probably be offended but quite enjoyed it instead thx for the advice all

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 07:19:56 AM »
No problem kid. Here to make you cry, always when you need it the least.   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

I like to smash things!!!!

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
No highlining is not expensive a sawsall in only like $50 bucks for a cheap one and you can use stock fenders

most of the highline fenders out there use stock inner fenders and there is a write up on how to do all over the net and it goes somthing like move the front fenders up a bolt hole and trim 3" off the hood remount latches
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 11:47:03 PM »
spend the money now. Buy a welder, plasma cutter (not required, but always a bonus!!), Bender, and notcher. Make it all yourself. Your always so much more proud of the work you do yourself!!
FOR SALE:  2000 TJ with some stuff and uber low mileage.  $9500 obo. Come to Texas and buy my junk!!!

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2011, 12:34:57 PM »
so coming from a guy that has all this stuff if ur only going to build one jeep just buy pre built stuff that will bolt on.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2011, 04:06:39 PM »
Yes, yes, of course. But, Flex, as you also know, a man can never have to many tools. He probably lives in the barracks anyways, so he wouldn't be able to have that shtuff anyways.  Just drop it off at the Clayton Offroad Shop, and tell them to have a ball. It'll cost you an arm AND both legs, but you will be more than happy with the results.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Gr33NGoph3R

• Honorary Member
  • Mudd Hog
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2011, 07:58:32 PM »
Yes, yes, of course. But, Flex, as you also know, a man can never have to many tools. He probably lives in the barracks anyways, so he wouldn't be able to have that shtuff anyways.  Just drop it off at the Clayton Offroad Shop, and tell them to have a ball. It'll cost you an arm AND both legs, but you will be more than happy with the results.  ;D ;D ;D

Actually I do have a garage and will have these things one day just not yet im going the bolt on route

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »

Actually I do have a garage and will have these things one day just not yet im going the bolt on route

Gen Right Tube Fenders! WOOT! ;D

Offline Swagger

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #25 on: March 16, 2011, 04:03:36 AM »
Word on the tube fenders, but, gotta trash talk 'em a little bit, as they are the straight knock-offs of first generation Poison Spyder customs Tube fenders, and their body armor, and their stingers, and their rocker knockers, and their tire carrier stinger, and so on so forth. the do make some cool shit though.  Some of their original design gear is pretty gnarly.  8)

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: March 16, 2011, 07:49:27 AM »

no them suck  i have installed genrites and made some diy's and installed tnt's highlines

the tnt's are worth the money cause you don't have to cut up the stock fenders and the diy's we got were a pita in genral

No highlining is not expensive a sawsall in only like $50 bucks for a cheap one and you can use stock fenders

most of the highline fenders out there use stock inner fenders and there is a write up on how to do all over the net and it goes somthing like move the front fenders up a bolt hole and trim 3" off the hood remount latches

here is the best write up for a tj highline
http://www.higherground4x4.com/Tech/Highline/HigherGround4x4_Highline_Instructional.pdf

Offline RnnngTrails

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
    • Facebook - Gary Lynch
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2011, 12:03:33 AM »
Word on the tube fenders, but, gotta trash talk 'em a little bit, as they are the straight knock-offs of first generation Poison Spyder customs Tube fenders, and their body armor, and their stingers, and their rocker knockers, and their tire carrier stinger, and so on so forth. the do make some cool shit though.  Some of their original design gear is pretty gnarly.  8)

I agree.. They are knock offs. But they are solid. And so far, everything has lined up wonderfully and looks great. I originally looked for Poison Spyder, but when I did my build, 4wd.com didnt have that brand anymore. Gen-Right looked exactly the same so it was a no brainer really..

no them suck  i have installed genrites and made some diy's and installed tnt's highlines

the tnt's are worth the money cause you don't have to cut up the stock fenders and the diy's we got were a pita in genral

here is the best write up for a tj highline
http://www.higherground4x4.com/Tech/Highline/HigherGround4x4_Highline_Instructional.pdf

Instead of saying that something sucks, maybe that you dont like them would be better. as much as they may suck to you, they are B.A. to me. And for those of you who aren't familiar with my builds, You get what you pay for. I've never been a believer on skimping out on a product just to save a few bucks.  Sure, I can hack up my stock fenders to make a highline kit out of it. and at the end, i will have a dressed up pair of hacked up fenders that offer little if any protection against anything. Just saying, if you bash your hacked stock fenders on a tree/rock, stand by for some body work. Everyone has their own opinions of products. A product doesn't suck because a person doesnt like it. (unless it's skyjacker and nobody likes it. ;)) Since we are on an open forum, constructive arguments against a product would be better than saying "They suck" and actually encouraged. That's what makes product reviews on forums like these such a wonderful thing.  It's ok to not like a product. But if you're gonna say so, please support your argument so that the people who are looking for information on a product can see both sides of it fairly. Not "They suck" "no they dont" "yes they do" etc.  I understand that you have to cut your stock fenders. But also like gearhead, having done it, the 1 day of moderate trouble with it was worth everything I've gained from having them on, from the clearance to the protection, the styling and so on. And gearhead, this isn't a personal attack.. Just a pet peeve of mine on forums. I hate when people attack what you say without providing a logical basis for why they are saying it.

Offline CnoteTJ

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 12:54:34 AM »
ORDER IN THE COURT, ORDER IN THE COURT(while pounding gavel)!!!  >:(    bump...either way, look for a kit that you can upgrade (bigger springs)  in the future, if you do, you wont regret it!!  ;)
2011 Black Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4" FT Long Arm w/ CRC link and 35" MTR/K's
Some armor and performance goodies!

www.northridge4x4.com    www.offroadevolution.com   www.full-traction.com

Offline reptile610

• Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 06:34:05 PM »
i have a teraflex LCG 4" kit with no SYE kit installed and can fully flex out and not have any troubles with it. this is my DD and i can safely drive at 70=75 if need be. just saying.
1982 CJ7-stock

Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them.