Author Topic: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........  (Read 80871 times)

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
Re: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........
« Reply #255 on: July 09, 2014, 05:04:18 AM »
Welcome Welcome!
1991 Samurai, 1.3 TBI, 35" KM2's, full 2 1/4" exhaust, SOA, RUF, Trail Tough Belly Skid, 5k Winch, Locked front and rear, GRS-2 transfer case gears (4.89:1 low), Built front axle with trusses, guards, gussets and birfield rings, Shrockworks gas tank skid, junk body and not much of a top.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #256 on: July 09, 2014, 05:21:03 AM »
Welcom to the forum
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2014, 01:14:59 AM »
Hi everyone, another new guy here. My name is Chuck and I live in Quaker Hill with my wife Becky. We just picked up an 1987 Wrangler 4.2L auto in the spring. I had been hot and heavy in the hot rod scene for a few years starting with a 67 Galaxie fastback, traded on to a 50 Buick super with the original straight 8, and then traded that for a 41 Plymouth with a 307. My wife has been for years asking me for a jeep so I put the 41 up for sale in the front yard. Less than a week later I had that traded for our YJ that had what I thought was a lifter tap in the front of the motor. Oh well, that 4.2 blew so we picked up another in Providence dropped it in over a weekend and here we are, Just fitted with a weber, 31's on banjo wheels, and having a great time. Looking forward to meeting you all out on the trails soon! I see a lot of you guys cruising up Old Colchester Rd. and thought it looked like a great time.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline JSchwinn

• Trail Queen
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2014, 01:31:13 AM »
Hey guys my names Josh and I'm a 25 year old engineer at electric boat.  I spent the past 3 years performing a frame off restoration on a CJ7, unfortunately with buying a house last year I just didn't have the time to work on the jeep so last week i sold my project and purchased a running/driving 1972 CJ5.  It has an AMC 304 with a T150 transmission. Has the original steel tub and is in great shape. Currently it has 31s but i will be upgrading that soon along with adding a lift.  I live in gales ferry and am about 2 miles from the subbase.  Looking forward to meeting up with you guys and hopefully do some wheeling soon.
1993 YJ - I6 - 4" RC Lift - 8k Winch - 33's

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2014, 03:29:06 AM »
Welcome to the board Chuck and Josh. I look forward to meeting y'all soon.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »
Welcome to the forum Chuck and Josh. Looking forward to meeting both of you and your rigs.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2014, 04:16:30 PM »
Welcome, Chuck and Josh. Look forward to meeting, and wheeling with, you both.
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline lumpyd

• Trail Passenger
  • 1981 CJ-7
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2014, 05:01:18 PM »
Hey everyone. I'm Larry I'm 44 and from Waterford. I just joined. I'm pretty new to all this. I've never been 4 wheeling before and my rig probably isn't ready for it right now. I currently have a 1981 CJ7, 258, 4 speed (I think it's a Dana, but I'm not 100%). I just finished rewiring it. It needs some TLC right now. It needs some definite framework (any help with this would be greatly appreciated since I don't know how to weld). Also needs shocks and some other odds and ends.

Not really sure what else to say about me or the Jeep. But feel free to ask. And I'm looking forward to being part of the forum.

Thanks again.

Larry

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2014, 06:16:29 PM »
Hi Larry,
Welcome to the board. For that year the transmission would either be a T4 or if you're lucky you've got a T176 followed by a D300 transfercase behind either one of those. I've owned 3 CJ7s through the years. I really like the simplicity of them. One of the best upgrades I did on mine was going from CJ to YJ springs. YJ springs are wider and flex better than CJ springs.

I look forward to meeting and wheeling with ya.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2014, 06:39:30 PM »
Welcom to the forum Larry

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2014, 11:16:55 PM »
Welcome aboard Chuck, Josh & Larry! That's a nice bunch of good old classics!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline lumpyd

• Trail Passenger
  • 1981 CJ-7
« Reply #266 on: July 24, 2014, 04:55:14 PM »
I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you guys. Even more, I'm looking forward to getting some great advice. My ride needs a lot of work. But it's running and driving. Can I post tech questions here? Or would I be better off somewhere else? I just installed a painless 10110 wiring harness and it seems to work just fine. However, the temp and gas gauges don't work. I have a new sending unit in the tank and the gas gauge goes on and off. Do I need to replace both of them together?

Offline Big Chuck

• President
  • Trail Master
« Reply #267 on: July 24, 2014, 04:59:35 PM »
Thanks for the welcome everyone. My wife and I are looking forward to doing some wheelin. I have a few friends that are also looking to join a club as well. I have heard nothing but great things about you all and look forward to learning as much as possible.
Chuck
Tube chassis, 5.3LS, Ford Dana 60 Chevy 14 Bolt 5.13 gears. 203/205 doubler, Hydro steering, air shocks, 42 inch Iroks on 16.5 H1 double bead locks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #268 on: July 24, 2014, 05:25:51 PM »
I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you guys. Even more, I'm looking forward to getting some great advice. My ride needs a lot of work. But it's running and driving. Can I post tech questions here? Or would I be better off somewhere else? I just installed a painless 10110 wiring harness and it seems to work just fine. However, the temp and gas gauges don't work. I have a new sending unit in the tank and the gas gauge goes on and off. Do I need to replace both of them together?

This isn't really the area to post tech questions. You can post those in the wrenching area. We'll help wherever we can.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Jk07Eric

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2014, 05:17:49 AM »
Hey my name is Eric and I found out about jt through a buisness card that kept getting putting on me jeep while I was at work. I drive an 07 wrangler x two door. I have a zone 3 inch suspension lift, sky jacker steering stabilizer, and a two inch body lift, rolling on 33.5"x12x16 dynapros. I've never been in a big group like this I just usually hangout with my other two friends that have jeeps and a blazer but I'm interested in trying this out it looks like I could learn a lot here and I can't wait to meet everyone!
Eric!