Author Topic: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........  (Read 80826 times)

Offline Rampage

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
  • PROJECT RAMPAGE 08 Rubicon JKU 10 Ton axles ;)
Re: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2013, 04:20:13 AM »
Nice rig I think we saw that same blue one if its a DIESL. Its pretty sweet to get a topless cuz on those hot summer days we cook w/ no ac.
08 JKU
Stock motor/trani/4:1 T-Case
AXletech 4000's😜 5:63's Locked
Double Triangulated 4 link
46x15.50R20 Goodyear MVT's

Offline rwollschlager

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »
if diesel that would be my friend Aaron, he lives up in Norwich and commutes to New London everyday for work. There is another tan diesel rover in new london. These things have a cult like following, I've been keeping track of the rovers in this area for years and have a small club going. For example, Jim, I've wheeled with your truck before up in vermont with it's previous owner:  
it looked a bit different then, but i like what you've done with it!

when is the next trail ride? I head back to school (in nebraska) mid august, so hopefully I can meet up with you all before then!

-Rob

Offline Rampage

• Paid Members
  • Mudd Hog
  • PROJECT RAMPAGE 08 Rubicon JKU 10 Ton axles ;)
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2013, 06:37:16 PM »
That's sweet. It's hard to think back when we purchased it like that 4 yrs ago, but time flies when your haveing fun.

Well this wk we r going up w/ the club to the Florida Vacation in NH but we usually wheel every weekend w/ the club. Thanks for te pics tho
08 JKU
Stock motor/trani/4:1 T-Case
AXletech 4000's😜 5:63's Locked
Double Triangulated 4 link
46x15.50R20 Goodyear MVT's

Offline Mreecew

• Rock Crawler
  • Bonzai Samurai!!!!
« Reply #213 on: September 13, 2013, 03:08:48 AM »
Hey guys it's Mitch, I know a lot of you have met me but if not I'm Mitch Watson I currently have an f150 with an sas, locked, long armed and more, which at this point I'm actually trying to trade off or use as to start to a smaller bodied project but for the time being, I'll still wheel it.

Heres the f150. Sorry if the picture is a little big.
1991 Samurai, 1.3 TBI, 35" KM2's, full 2 1/4" exhaust, SOA, RUF, Trail Tough Belly Skid, 5k Winch, Locked front and rear, GRS-2 transfer case gears (4.89:1 low), Built front axle with trusses, guards, gussets and birfield rings, Shrockworks gas tank skid, junk body and not much of a top.

Offline Jethro71

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #214 on: September 14, 2013, 01:11:52 AM »
Hello to all. I go by Eddie and I found the forum by searching around and contacted Mr Rock for access. I moved to the Groton, CT area back in July and I am attending a 6 month school here. So I leave in December but hope that I can get out there with some of you and do some responsible off-roading here in CT. I did do some research and it appears that CT is pretty strict so very curious what people do around here.

I have been in the Navy for 19 years and moved here from NM. That is where I bought my 2012 JKUR and was able to do some off-roading out west before moving. He has a few upgrades and I will attempt to upload a photo, wish me luck.

My weekends are normally pretty open so let me know of any events or meet ups so I can get out and see the state. Look forward to meeting some of you and thanks.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #215 on: September 14, 2013, 01:37:58 AM »
Hi Eddie, welcome to the board. Look forward to meeting you.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #216 on: September 14, 2013, 02:19:31 AM »
Welcome aboard!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Jethro71

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #217 on: October 05, 2013, 05:13:50 PM »
Hi Eddie, welcome to the board. Look forward to meeting you.

Sorry I haven't been on the site in a couple of weeks. Very busy at work and dealing with other stuff. Looking forward to some potential fall rides.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #218 on: October 07, 2013, 03:17:36 AM »
Welcome to CT & the forum Eddie. Hope we can show you some CT wheeling but have to say its very limmited. We do thoe grow lots of rocks out here for some reason. Looking forward to meeting you before you leave.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mr. Potter

• Paid Members
  • Rock Crawler
  • On top of the world
« Reply #219 on: October 07, 2013, 12:04:51 PM »
Welcome Eddie. I work at Ship Control. I see your Jeep every day. Mine is the Black 2 door JK at Pennington Hall. Come by and see me if you have a chance and we can talk about the club.
Well I am a Jk Owner now so don't hate.

Offline Jethro71

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #220 on: October 07, 2013, 09:34:48 PM »
Welcome Eddie. I work at Ship Control. I see your Jeep every day. Mine is the Black 2 door JK at Pennington Hall. Come by and see me if you have a chance and we can talk about the club.

It was good talking to you today. I am considering making some arrangements to do the Rausch Creek run. I can't remember if you said you were going. If I get a chance this week I will swing by your office.

Offline Harryhood

• Trail Passenger
    • My Scamp
« Reply #221 on: November 14, 2013, 03:06:27 PM »
Hi All,

My names Doug. I’ve lived in CT for about 20 years. I found the club from jeepforum.com, looking for some opportunities to do some wheeling and meet like-minded people.

I have a 98 TJ, which I’ve had for about 6 months now. It’s my first ”offroad” vehicle. It’s just a 4 banger with a semi-crappy lift 33’s and stock axles. I’m in the process of building a D44 and HP D30 to replace the D35 & D30. The D44 is done and I’ve got the HP35 torn down, parts on hand and just need to work myself up for tackling another R&P install. The D44 took me 2 weeks to get dialed in.

I’ve been into cars pretty much my whole life and mostly into muscle cars, but I‘m having a blast working on and wheeling in the jeep.

I’ve only ever gone on 2 serious trail runs, both this fall. One at OFR and the other at MaBell with the PatriotJeepers group out of Mass.

Had a real interesting experience at OFR when another Tj running 35’s on his locked D35 busted and axle shaft. We Macgyvered a frame around the busted wheel so he could drive out.

that's my intro, hope I didn't put anyone to sleep. :)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #222 on: November 14, 2013, 03:13:50 PM »
Hi Doug,
Welcome to the board. Look forward to meeting you. What town do you live in?
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #223 on: November 14, 2013, 03:25:16 PM »
Welcome!  Come on in...... the waters fine.
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline Harryhood

• Trail Passenger
    • My Scamp
« Reply #224 on: November 14, 2013, 05:16:35 PM »
thanks, I live in East Hampton.

in case I wasn't clear, that wasn't my tj with the busted axle. I do realize I've got a ticking timebomb until I swap in the 44.

This is my TJ (and daughter)

and my other toy