Author Topic: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........  (Read 80842 times)

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
Re: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........
« Reply #165 on: October 19, 2012, 12:33:27 AM »
Welcome, Bruce! You found the right club. You're gonna like it here. ;D  Come on out wheeling with us this Saturday.

Thanks for all the welcome messages.  I sent a PM to Mr Rock to get some details on the trip coming up this Saturday to see if I can make it.  Hope it works out!

Bruce

Welcome aboard Bruce! I got your PM see you Saturday!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #166 on: October 19, 2012, 12:35:29 AM »
Ive been watching the forums for a while, but i never posted here, so i might as well. Ive been trying to make it to something for over a year now, but between work and night classes at Three Rivers ive always got some kind of conflict. I found the forum by seeing nice jeeps with JT4x4 stickers on them, and googling it.

This is my 3rd Jeep, and by far my favorite. I've got a '04 black rubi with 2" spacers and 32" duratracs. Ive done a few things to it, but as long as its my daily driver i cant do the lift and tires it deserves. I need to get my wife involved so she'll understand why i want to spend so much money on my jeep. Before this i had an 07 JK that i didnt really care for (personal preference, no offense to the JK guys but i prefer TJ's and CJ's). My first was a '96 ZJ w/4.5RE lift and 33's that i wish i never would have sold.

Anyways, Im always looking for opportunities to go offroad when i actually have free time, and im looking forward to being part of the club.

X2 on the stickers! Glad you got to post up! look forward to wheeling with you!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Haywire91

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #167 on: February 13, 2013, 01:08:30 AM »
Hello everyone, just joined the forum but been around a few times since August of last year. I am a Cadet at the Coast Guard Academy and will be graduating in May. My hope is to go to flight school down in Pensacola, FL and will find out in March. I have had nothing but positive interactions with the club and it's members and although I probably won't be here in CT for much longer, I wanted to try and become a member and stay in touch with the great people you guys have. I'll post up a thread in the rides section, but here is my 4runner. 1986 with SAS from an 83'. 4.88 gears with Aussie locker in the back and Spartan up front. Dual cases with 4.7 tcase with twin sticks and 2.28 crawlbox. 4" TG lift in front and 5" in rear (that has alot of sag) with Bilsteins all the way around. Lowrange dual case xmbr with poly mounts. A 1/2 cage added to the factory roll bar. 35" BFG KM2's. Custom front and rear bumpers. LCE throttle body and header to a magnaflow exhaust with a super ricer tip. Linex interior with masonite panels. Soft top. Bed-liner 'Fo' fender flares. Focal 6x9 speakers and Pioneer head unit. 4xInnovations tube doors (curtesy of Ed). Yakima roof racks.

I also have a 2002 Dodge Ram CTD with a few mods as a tow rig and an 18' trailer. I've grown up wheeling and both my dad and brother have 1st generation 4runners. My first car was an 85' 4Runner, and from then I've owned an 85' Toyota Pickup, 81' Toyota Pickup, 92' Toyota 4Runner, 95' Jeep Cherokee, 98' Jeep TJ, 86' Suzuki Samurai and now my 86' 4Runner.

Looking forward to meeting more people and wheeling in the months to come.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #168 on: February 13, 2013, 02:22:16 AM »
Welcome to the board. The Yota looks great. We gotta get you out on the trail with us.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Haywire91

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #169 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:29 AM »
Love to go when the timing lines up. I should be at the March meeting. Could possibly have gone this coming weekend, but snapped a front axle shaft this past weekend in the snow pulling the dodge out so won't have that replaced until next week.

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #170 on: February 13, 2013, 03:04:23 AM »
Sweet runner.  I've always liked the older ones.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #171 on: February 13, 2013, 07:43:59 AM »
welcome to the forum enjoy pensacola i really did lol the bars are nice (well the ones i remember)but the wheeling is a lot of mud when you head down there let me know and i can point you to a couple of wheeling spots if they have not been paved over
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Haywire91

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #172 on: February 13, 2013, 10:36:35 PM »
Yeah, mud can definitely be fun. Gotten most of that out of my system with prior vehicles, haha. Getting into the rocks and such now and it's great. Half the fun is wrenching and just spending time with good people, wheeling just adds to it all to make it even better!

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #173 on: February 14, 2013, 01:24:43 AM »
Welcome aboard Kevin!

Nice lookin rig, too bad about the axle shaft, we'll keep you posted on the next Triailride.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2013, 01:41:09 AM »
Welcom to the forum Kevin.  I too love the looks of the old Toyota's. Hope to see on the trails before you leave.
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #175 on: February 14, 2013, 02:25:06 PM »
Welcome Kevin!  Hope to wheel with you before you leave.
Greg
Model Citizen

Offline Skyjackedhilljack

• Trail Passenger
« Reply #176 on: March 12, 2013, 02:05:20 AM »
New to the group. Im Jesse I run a 01 xj on 5" custom lift with 32" shoes on the stock 60th an. Rims. I'm moving to new London ct in may this year. Hope to meet yall soon

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #177 on: March 12, 2013, 03:33:12 AM »
Welcome Jesse, look forward to meeting you when you arrive. Where are you moving from?
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline Carfreek458

• Mudd Hog
  • Go big or go home
« Reply #178 on: March 12, 2013, 04:33:36 AM »
welcome and im glad to see another XJ join the group.
1997 Jeep Cherokee XJ 5spd, 4in lift, locked D30/Ruff stuff diff cover, Detours back bone/JCR frame stiffeners Quadratec winch, Full exhaust, Tomken engine/tranny skid, Custom HD crossmember, Rock Hard roll cage, Rock Hard rear bumper, JCR Upper quarter gaurds with LED tail lights and 33s

Offline Mayhem

• BANNED
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #179 on: March 13, 2013, 10:14:08 PM »
New to the group. Im Jesse I run a 01 xj on 5" custom lift with 32" shoes on the stock 60th an. Rims. I'm moving to new London ct in may this year. Hope to meet yall soon

Welcome Jesse!  A lot of us are from the Groton/New London area.  I have an 01 XJ as well, although it's my daily and not my wheeling rig. Look forward to meeting you.
Greg
Model Citizen