Author Topic: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........  (Read 80150 times)

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Welcome to the JT4x4 Club Forums........
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »
Hi Andy,
Glad you could make it to the board and look forward to wheeling with you in the future.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline B52BUFF

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2010, 02:17:51 PM »
Welcome Andy.  I am sure you will be a valued member of the club.  We Zoomies have to stick together.  ;D

Offline TommyD

• Trail Queen
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »
Howdy and welcome Andy

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 04:56:10 PM »
Welcome to the club forums.

Offline skibum

• Paid Members
  • Trail Master
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2010, 02:04:16 AM »
Hi JT4x4 members.

This is Bob,

Funny how I met your club. Was on my way to a Jeep Rally in Somers,CT on Oct 3rd to try & find info about clubs to join.  I've been wanting to find a group of people to ride with since getting my 2009 4 DR Rubicon.  Stopped at DD in Marlborough CT to get something to eat for the ride & when I pulled into the parking lot there was several jeeps all parked together. Went over to talk to them & that is where I met Will,Ed & Mell,Rock & a few other members (sorry I forgot your names). Turned out all of them belonged to an Off Road club & were heading up to the same Jeep Rally. They say the first impression of meeting some one is the most important & after meeting this group of pepole, following them up to the Jeep Rally & hanging out with them for the day I knew this was a great club to join. Since then I have gone on my first trail ride with Will,Rock,Rocket & 3 other members (again, sorry I forgot your names) on Oct 23 to the Gutter in MA. THAT WAS AWESOME!!! If all you members are as cool as the ones I have already met then this is the club I need to join. Hope to meet more of the members of this club at the next meeting (Nov 2nd) so hopefully you all can vote me in. Even though I've been off roading for many years, I have never belonged to a club before & am looking forward to this new experience.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 02:53:07 AM by skibum »
09 Rubi 4Dr,Compleat Heavy Duty Polly Performance skid plate system,Kilby Evap Relocation kit,Rampage front bumper,Swaybar motor flip,Clayton 3.5in lift w/steering corection kit,35in GY MTR's on 15in MB Wheels,Ace Enginering Rear Bumper W/Tire carrier,Prorock D44 Front axel,5.13s,cromo rear shafts

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 03:01:36 AM »
Welcome Bob!

It was great getting to hang out with you at the Jeep Rally too! Sorry we missed the Gutter Run last weekend! We will definitely see you at the next meeting

Mel

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 04:01:20 AM »
Hi Bob,
Glad you ran into group heading up to the rally. You're right, you've met a good group of people to hang out and go wheelin with. I look forward to meeting you Tuesday night.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 04:07:45 AM »
Hey Bob welcome to the club forums, great wheeling with you last week.

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 06:22:55 AM »
Hey all.  New on here so figured I would introduce myself.

My name is Bill.  I found JT4x4 looking through listings on jeepforum.com.  I am originally from NE Ohio, but now reside in Groton, CT.  

I have a 2004 Jeep TJ:
 4" Fabtech short arm lift
1" MML
1" Drop Xfer Case
1" BL
33x12.50.15 Dunlop Radial Mud Rovers
Dana 30 Front
Dana 44 Rear
4.0 with a Kenne Bell Twin Screw Supercharger
5 speed
Electric Lime Green and a black hard top

Future mods planned include Aussie lockers front and rear, rock sliders, oil pan skid, Differental Skids, better rear bumper, tube fenders, maybe a better gas tank skid, and eventually maybe a long arm upgrade.

Time will tell.  For now, I am happy with what I have and happy to have found a local club.

Till next time,

Bill

« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:41:50 PM by Bill3753 »
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline calvynandhobbs

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 01:31:23 PM »
Hi Bill,
It's great to see you on the board. I moved here from Ann Arbor, MI so probably not too far from you in NE Ohio. You found a great group of off road enthusiasts. I look forward to meeting and wheelin with you.
1994 YJ on 37s

Offline moosin

• Trail Boss
  • Trail Master
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 02:53:25 PM »
Welcome Bill!

Glad you made it to the forum! Looking forward to meeting you

Mel

Offline WillC

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »
Hey Bill,
Welcome to our club forums, hope to see you and that supercharged Jeep on the trail soon.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 05:22:27 PM by WillC »

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 08:54:34 PM »
Hi Bill,
It's great to see you on the board. I moved here from Ann Arbor, MI so probably not too far from you in NE Ohio. You found a great group of off road enthusiasts. I look forward to meeting and wheelin with you.

I grew up about 30-40 minutes north of Youngstown, Ohio.  Not sure if you know where that is, but its close to the PA boarder.  Not too far from Ann Arbor when you consider where we are at though.

Hey Bill,
Welcome to our club forums, hope to see you and that supercharged Jeep on the trail soon.

The supercharger is fun.  Kenne Bell's dyno chart for a stock 4.0 engine shows 148 HP and 201 FT LBS to the rear wheels.  I have it running 5.5 LBS of boost with a water to air heat exchanger.  They show that to produce 214 HP and 307 FT LBS at the rear wheels.  Their dyno curve is very broad and flat with over 200 FT LBS from 1100 RPM on up.  Now, I have never had it on the dyno myself, so I am just going off their testing...

I am excited to get it out on some trails though to see what it will do.  I just need to install my CB (sitting in my garage) and I'll be ready to go.  Might modify the exhaust a little as well.  Right now it runs very close to the rear track bar and I am thinking it will hit with the suspension flexing.  I was thinking of cutting off the tail pipe and running a dump in front of the rear axle.  We'll see though as I want to avoid exhaust smells inside while driving.  Anyone else tried anything like this?  Maybe tonight or tomorrow and I will get that complete.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline TommyD

• Trail Queen
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2010, 02:12:39 PM »
Bob and Bill, howdy and welcome to the club

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 05:55:26 PM »
Welcome,

Might modify the exhaust a little as well.  I was thinking of cutting off the tail pipe and running a dump in front of the rear axle.  We'll see though as I want to avoid exhaust smells inside while driving.  Anyone else tried anything like this?  Maybe tonight or tomorrow and I will get that complete.

I did  a dump but I used a short pipe that i found at the parts store and I saved the tailpipe and put it on when I have to go to emission's.

Yes I do get some smells inside when I'm slowing down or stopped. but nothing that makes me feel loopy.

Also lookin forward to seeing that supercharger!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!