Author Topic: Comanche  (Read 12250 times)

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
Re: Comanche
« Reply #75 on: April 15, 2011, 10:00:50 PM »
No pictures, however we did take the Comanche out on her maiden voyage today. It was successful as far as drove around the block and no one died. However when coming in and out of the gas the steering would jerk semi-violently to the right or left. Here some more details, still need to make a rear drive shaft so we where driving in 4x4 high with one hub locked, i did try swapping which hub was lock but nothing changed. We never exceeded 30 mphs. Jerking was happening at all speeds.

Give me some ideas, ask questions if you need more specifics. Thanks
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline Mr Rock

• Administrator
  • Trail Master
« Reply #76 on: April 16, 2011, 02:00:43 AM »
Remind me, did you use a lockright in the front or weld up the spiders? I have an aussie in the front and a lockright in the rear and when I had just the aussie up front it did some mild jerking but once i did the rear it is much worse! I have gotten use to it but the jeep will jerk about three feet left or right When shifting 9at lest it feels like that much) and i have to be careful in a tight turn to either stay on the or off the gas in the turn or risk jumping into the gutter or oncoming traffic!
'89, 4.2, NUTTERED, Team Rush, 4" Lift, 1" BL, 1" MML & HD shackles , Flat Belly Skid, SYE, 36 x 13.50s
XRC8, 150w KC's, Herculined, Tauras Elec Fan, Dual Batteries, Aussie in front, 8.8, TJ flares & Spool in rear, topless all of the time!

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #77 on: April 16, 2011, 02:18:56 AM »
The front is welded, im hoping once i get a rear drive shaft and have the ability to go 2 wheel drive this while go away. its good to know im not the only one with this problem.
2000 XJ Sport 6.5 inch TNT Longarms, 36" IROK Radials, HP dana 30, Ford 8.8 aussie locker, 4.10s, front bumper with stinger and 9500 mile maker winch, Rock Sliders, OBA. full exo cage, chopped.
2005 F-150

-Nate

Offline gearhead1985B

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
  • the Snozberries taste like Snozberries
« Reply #78 on: April 16, 2011, 07:00:39 AM »
the jerking you felt was torque steer(just like a front wheel drive) mine does the same thing when in 1 wheel drive (aka 4hi one hub locked) if you lock both hubs it is a pita to steer some tire chirping  but no jerking when i broke a rear u joint this winter i found it easier to just run the both hubs locked and just push in the clutch to steer
"If you can read this, Thank a Teacher, if you can read it in English, thank a SOLDIER"

https://www.masterpull.com/Index.aspx
http://www.taboocustoms.com/

Offline Bill3753

• Honorary Member
  • Rock Crawler
« Reply #79 on: April 16, 2011, 07:04:32 AM »
Let me start by saying that I think these guys are right about the torque steer idea, however there is something else it could be.

Can we see some pictures of your drag link and track bar up front?  If they are not in line properly you'll experience bump steer.  It doesn't sound like that is what you have going on, but just throwing it out there as a possibility.
04 TJ, HP60, 14 Bolt, 5.13's, linked, locked, on 38's and (still) in the works.

Offline Flex

• Honorary Member
  • Trail Master
« Reply #80 on: April 16, 2011, 02:00:22 PM »
So I tacked up a rear drive shaft last night and drove in 2 wheeldrive, everything was smooth it was like driving new euorpeanen sports car, ok not really but it's fixed. Sam will be driving it to the church this morning so anyone there can check it out
2005 F-150

-Nate